Introducing Frances

Posted on | November 14, 2012 | 59 Comments

Frances Birth Photo Introducing FrancesMom and baby after 18 hours of natural labor including 3 1/2 hours of just pushing! So worth it!

Welcome our baby girl to the world!

Frances Elliott Williams
November 6, 2012 at 7:10 am
8 lb, 14 oz, 19 in

She’s perfect, healthy and happy! Below snapshots from her first week!

Introducing FrancesFrances 3 days old.

Frances Going Home Introducing FrancesGoing home outfit! Dad bought the hat, sweater and booties at Bonpoint in Paris for Mother’s Day!

Frances Sleeping Introducing FrancesFrances loves sucking on her fingers and always has her hands near her face. She was delivered with “telephone arm” with her arm bent by her ear.

Introducing FrancesSleepy smile on her 1-week birthday!

Frances Dad Introducing FrancesFrances trying to wake Dad up. She’s not actually sleeping with dad and mom was there to monitor. She sleeps in a bassinet to our bed.

Frances Brahms Mount Blanket Introducing FrancesFrances wrapped in heirloom blanket from Beekman 1809 with a beautiful cotton blue Brahms Mount blanket below.

xoxo, katy, greg and frances

Baby Bump In Paris
Jenny Lind Dresser For Nursery
Brainstorming Nursery: Watery Pinks, Blues, Greens

pixel Introducing Frances

Comments

59 Responses to “Introducing Frances”

1. Susan
    November 14th, 2012 @ 7:21 am

So happy for you all!! Welcome to the world Frances!!

2. Leslie
    November 14th, 2012 @ 7:27 am

Katy! She is perfect!!! Congrats!! Amazing photos — especially love the last one. Did I miss a post on the nursery???

3. Ileana
    November 14th, 2012 @ 7:28 am

She does look like you, (sorry husband). Beautiful. Congratulations to you both. There is nothing more magical than the newly-born.

4. laurie
    November 14th, 2012 @ 7:35 am

Congratulations – she’s beautiful!
    Great news to wake up to!

5. sharon mrozinski
    November 14th, 2012 @ 7:38 am

Katy… we are so happy for your two…three…
    She is beautiful.. her ears.. her hands.. her hair.. what could be more beautiful than a new life…

We send our love to each of you from Bonnieux…
    you have been so strongly on my mind.. now we know why…

get some much needed rest all of you…
    xx sharon and paul

6. Diane
    November 14th, 2012 @ 8:08 am

Beautiful! I love that you got a photo of her smiling or laughing in her sleep! So sweet!

7. Mirica
    November 14th, 2012 @ 8:17 am

Congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Frances! It seems like forever that we have been waiting for your arrival! Here you are last. I bet your room is set up just right! All the best Katy to you and your family! ♥

8. Brittany
    November 14th, 2012 @ 8:37 am

Katy, she is absolutely adorable. What a beautiful little baby! I love her name too, so vintage, but feels so right for today. Congratulations!

9. Mary
    November 14th, 2012 @ 8:44 am

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! She’s gorgeous. Good luck and enjoy the baby years. They do fly by!

10. Jadyn
    November 14th, 2012 @ 9:11 am

She’s beautiful! Congratulations!

11. Emma at The Marion House Book
    November 14th, 2012 @ 9:46 am

Welcome Frances! She’s beautiful and I adore her name. You won’t believe how much your heart is going to open with joy and love.

12. Donna
    November 14th, 2012 @ 9:58 am

Congrats Katie she’s beautiful I can see your dad in her.

13. Steve
    November 14th, 2012 @ 10:27 am

Congratulations! Love the little outfits. So sweet!

November 14th, 2012 @ 10:34 am

The nursery has all of its parts but it hasn’t been put together yet. She’s in our room in a bassinet for a couple months so I have sometime. Looking forward to sharing more.

We have 3-4 other house projects in the works (laundry machines!) that I hope to share in the coming weeks/months.

Katy

15. Jennifer Michie
    November 14th, 2012 @ 11:39 am

Congratulations to you both! She is absolutely gorgeous! Welcome to the world Miss Frances.

16. Karen
    November 14th, 2012 @ 12:47 pm

Yay! I’ve been wondering if this announcement might pop up soon — congratulations!!! She’s absolutely beautiful and I love her name!(And her knit hat!) :) Wishing you all the best…

17. Claudia
    November 14th, 2012 @ 1:21 pm

Awwww congratulations! She’s beautiful!
    And awww you names her Frances! That’s also my daughter’s middle name! :-)
    xoxo

18. Jill
    November 14th, 2012 @ 1:32 pm

Congratulations! I love the name Frances. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl!

19. Lucy Cox
    November 14th, 2012 @ 2:12 pm

You are so kind to share her with all of us – what a beautiful bundle of joy!!! Congratulations – miss your blogging. :)

20. jill
    November 14th, 2012 @ 2:19 pm

Congratulations, Katy! She’s beautiful!

21. betsy
    November 14th, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

She’s wonderful! Makes me tear up thinking of when you and Greg met- and now Frances! Much love you all of you.

22. Shari
    November 14th, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

Congratulations to you and your beautiful new baby girl, Katy! I’ve been reading your blog for a couple years now, and I was starting to worry (because that’s just me, plus hadn’t seen you post for awhile). So I am so, so happy that you and your new little one are all happy and healthy!! Many blessings to your family, Katy!

23. Jennifer
    November 14th, 2012 @ 6:19 pm

What a beautiful baby! Welcome, Frances and Congratulations to the new Mommy and Daddy!!!!

24. amy m
    November 14th, 2012 @ 6:20 pm

So many hearty congratulations Katy! She is a m a z i n g.

25. Jennifer Burlew
    November 14th, 2012 @ 9:03 pm

Congratulations! Welcome baby Frances! :-)

26. Jessy
    November 14th, 2012 @ 9:38 pm

Yay! Precious!

27. Abigail
    November 15th, 2012 @ 2:59 am

She’s perfect! Congrats again. What a special holiday season this will be for your new family :)

28. amanda
    November 15th, 2012 @ 3:11 am

oh bring it on those crazy days and sleepless nights of joy and tears and every nappy getting quicker and every feed smoother until the magic of dream-feeds and first smiles and first grips and oh I could go on and on. Enjoy this time and well done to all. A little miracle happened.

29. Sayaka
    November 15th, 2012 @ 6:20 am

Congrats!I have seen your site and expected all the time your baby born.Enjoy the life with your sweet baby.
    I also became Mam 1years ago.

30. Lynda
    November 15th, 2012 @ 7:09 am

Katy,
    How wonderful! I am so happy for you. My daughter(Frances, called Francie!) is expecting her first baby, a girl, and her due date is today! We have been following your baby decorating journey closely! I feel we just have tooooo much in common!
    All the very best,
    Lynda

31. Donna
    November 15th, 2012 @ 8:02 am

Congratulations to all three of you! She’s beautiful and I love her name!

32. Jennifer Hazard
    November 15th, 2012 @ 8:15 am

Beautiful photos, Katie! Congrats to you and your husband. And welcome to the world, Frances!

33. ChristieToo
    November 15th, 2012 @ 8:48 am

Congratulations and welcome, Francis, to the greater Marblehead family!!!
    Looking forward to potentially meeting you all.
    Very exciting to hear the great news!
    Sleep will return in a couple of weeks…. Ch. S.

34. mopar
    November 15th, 2012 @ 10:06 am

She’s beautiful! Congratulations! What a wonderful post.

35. Kirstey
    November 16th, 2012 @ 9:53 am

Congratulations! What a beauty :)

36. Wendy Coral
    November 16th, 2012 @ 10:35 am

Jus happened upon your blog when searching for “ticking stripe table cloth” on google. Which led me to an article you posted in 2009 about ticking stripe fabrics. Gotta love that google. Anyway gald i found you, cause i got to see picks of this little peanut. Congrats shes beautiful!

37. Rosemary
    November 16th, 2012 @ 2:08 pm

Ah, Katy, she’s gorgeous! Congratulations to all three of you.

38. Stephanie
    November 16th, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

Many congratulations and wishes to all family from Versailles in France. I must say I noticed the outfit and was not surprised it was Bonpoint :)
    May Frances have a long and happy life full of love and beauty !

39. susan
    November 16th, 2012 @ 2:58 pm

Oh she is so beautiful! What a lovely family you make.

40. Erin Q.
    November 17th, 2012 @ 11:54 am

She’s perfect! I love her sweet little outfits.

Congratulations to all of you!

41. Ryan
    November 17th, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

I was hoping to see a new post from you -with hopefully a new baby!- and sure enough, here she is! She’s beautiful, Katy! Congratulations!

42. Heather
    November 17th, 2012 @ 8:16 pm

Many, many congrats! I’ve been seeing a bit of her debut on instagram! She is just lovely. Enjoy mommyhood!~

43. Sara
    November 18th, 2012 @ 10:16 am

congratulations! She is so beautiful and her Parisian outfit is stunning. So glad to see this announcement. All of you: be well!

November 18th, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

Thank you all for the sweet notes and well wishes!

I hope to start blogging again! We have a number of house projects in the works. Looking forward to being back.

xoxo, katy

45. Kim
    November 18th, 2012 @ 8:05 pm

Congratulations, Katy!! My son Henry was born on October 30! I, too, had a natural birth experience…

46. S@sha
    November 18th, 2012 @ 9:06 pm

Extremely cute. Congratulations!

47. lisa
    November 19th, 2012 @ 8:57 am

babies are such an amazing miracle! you are a complete stranger and i will never meet you or your beautiful Frances, yet i feel so much joy for you all!

48. Meghan Shadrick
    November 20th, 2012 @ 9:36 am

Congrats to you and your family! Enjoy every second of this sweet baby girl!

49. Amy McRae
    November 21st, 2012 @ 7:32 am

Hey Katy,

Huge congrats – what great news – and as expected what great taste in baby outfits too!

Amy (English fan)

50. Kim
    November 21st, 2012 @ 3:42 pm

Also, Katy, I was 16 days past my due date and Henry was born with his arm in the same position as your little one!

51. LEIA
    November 22nd, 2012 @ 10:31 am

CONGRATULATION to you Katy and Greg! Welcome to Frances to this world. She is so precious! All my best to you all!

52. janet gordon
    November 25th, 2012 @ 11:48 am

what a gorgeous baby, and of course her ‘going home’ outfit is so lovely. Am looking forward to your new posts as you feel able – naturally, laundry will take centre stage for several years!
    Enjoy these fleeting moments, as babies grow so quickly.

53. janet gordon
    November 25th, 2012 @ 11:52 am

So sweet! ould love to visit bonpoint!

54. Regena Fickes
    November 25th, 2012 @ 3:48 pm

She is beautiful! How blessed are you and husband.

November 26th, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

Congrats Katy! She’s an absolute beaut – just like her mother!

56. Julie
    November 30th, 2012 @ 10:17 pm

she’s absolutely perfect! Congratulations!

57. Karen
    December 1st, 2012 @ 9:00 pm

She’s beautiful. Congratulations to all of you.

58. Beta
    December 14th, 2012 @ 3:54 am

Frances is so cute!! congratulations!! :)