Red Poppy Fields In Provence

Posted on | May 22, 2012 | 10 Comments

running in poppy field france Red Poppy Fields In Provence

Red poppy fields dotted the landscape throughout Provence in early May. We spotted a field packed with red blooms on the D900 near Bonnieux; the field was so beautiful I couldn’t help myself but cry amazed by the beautiful display of color. Pregnancy hormones, maybe? The field was solid red and framed by a blue summer sky.

Throughout our week we spotted red poppies growing in cracks and dispersed in overgrown fields. From our apartment in Bonnieux we could see large red blocks of poppy fields out in the distance. So spectacular!

red poppie field may provence Red Poppy Fields In Provence
red poppy field france Red Poppy Fields In Provence
spots poppy in field Red Poppy Fields In Provence
red poppy field detail Red Poppy Fields In Provence
poppy meadow Red Poppy Fields In Provence
poppy tractor marks Red Poppy Fields In Provence
walking path poppies bonnieux Red Poppy Fields In Provence

Provencal Kitchen In Bonnieux, France
Baby Bump In Paris
We Eloped and Went to France!

pixel Red Poppy Fields In Provence

Comments

10 Responses to “Red Poppy Fields In Provence”

1. Meredith @ Map & Menu
    May 22nd, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

So lovely! I know the poppies will be long gone by the time we’re there, but this makes me even more excited about our upcoming trip to Provence later this summer!

2. Susan
    May 22nd, 2012 @ 2:07 pm

Oh wow…these make me happy!

3. ctstyle
    May 22nd, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

Beautiful! Make sure you visit Giverny if you have time.

4. heather
    May 23rd, 2012 @ 8:36 am

Wow, what an amazing sight! And what a special thing to remember from your lovely honeymoon! Just gorgeous…poppies are some of my most favorite flowers!

5. Dottie
    May 23rd, 2012 @ 8:21 pm

Quite a site! I think to not have an emotional reaction to such scenery would be the oddity.

6. Amanda
    May 29th, 2012 @ 10:48 am

Katy, have you seen “Postcards from Provence – daily paintings” yet? I have been following it for a while, and this post reminds me of one of the daily paintings posted this past week. http://shiftinglight.com/ I thought you would enjoy some of the paintings now that you have seen the subject in person. You captured these poppies so beautifully – thank you for a glimpse into that little slice of poppy heaven!

7. leia :)
    May 30th, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

Hello Katy,
    Happy to read you again. Congratulation for your pregnancy! What a surprise to read that you went to Bonnieux. Apparently we went to Bonnieux in the same period of time.
    One day, I saw some people in a field full of “coquelicot” maybe it was you!
    Hope you enjoyed you stay in Luberon, did you visit the wonderful village of Gordes?!

May 30th, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

Thanks leia,

We did! A beautiful area of the world!

9. Anna P.
    May 30th, 2012 @ 9:29 pm

those fields are so pretty I could cry! beautiful… would love to visit Provence one day :) glad y’all are enjoying yourselves!

10. Anna P.
    May 30th, 2012 @ 9:35 pm

those fields are so pretty I could cry! beautiful… would love to visit Provence one day :) glad y’all got to explore such a lovely country.