Baby Bump In Paris!

Posted on | May 18, 2012 | 54 Comments

bump in front of eiffel tower Baby Bump In Paris! I’m pregnant! Above me showing off my very tiny baby bump (week 16) in front of the Eiffel tower during our trip to France. I’m due in late October; we’re over the moon excited! I was really sick the first 12 weeks; hence my break from blogging. Now I’m back and feeling much better!

This summer we have a few house renovations to prepare for baby. We’re planning to gut the third floor of our house and expand the ceilings up to the rafters to make room for a large master suite and nursery! Part of the renovation involves us moving the furnace out of the third floor and putting the whole house on one heating system. We’re still in planning phases but the renovation is my number #1 priority this summer. I can deal with the rest of the house as long as I have a quiet clean space for me and baby.

We Eloped!
Provençal Kitchen in Bonnieux, France

pixel Baby Bump In Paris!

Comments

54 Responses to “Baby Bump In Paris!”

1. emily @ thirtyeight20
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:25 am

CONGRATULATIONS! Glad you are feeling better after a rough beginning.

My daughter is almost 9 months old, and our half-done house hasn’t bothered any of us a bit since she was born. (Having a laundry room was critical for me though.) As you said, all you need is a clean, quiet place for you and the baby. Looking forward to seeing your new master suite and nursery come together!

Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and lots of good luck in your preparations. Enjoy!

2. Desiree
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:27 am

Congrats on marriage and baby!!! So exciting :)

3. rifferaff
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:28 am

Amazing news! Congratulations on everything!

4. erin
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:30 am

beauty! so excited for you and glad to have you back here in this space. xo.

5. Mary
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:36 am

Wow – congratulations! So exciting! I’ll look forward to seeing more pics of progress at the house.

6. mary
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:36 am

Congrats again, Katy – so happy for you! You look adorable. And (selfishly) I’m really looking forward to your documenting of the 3rd floor renos!

7. Caitlin
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:43 am

Congratulations!!!! So happy you are moving forward with everything, even if the house isn’t “finished” :) They never are! After two years in our house, I am just really starting to fall in love with it and small changes here and there (even just new pillows) make me really happy and excited about it.

Very excited to follow along with your new adventure!

8. karen cheung
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:47 am

There must be something in the water this year – so many pregnant bloggers, me included! Many congratulations. No doubt you’ll make a lovely space for you and your little one. We are also still renovating our Welsh farmhouse and I’m due in about five weeks. The DIY tasks do become harder once your bump grows bigger, so get all the really physical stuff done before that happens! I keep overdoing it and then aching all night. Oops.

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy
    x

9. Kate
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:51 am

I am SO excited you’re back – and with such fabulous news! I’m looking forward to following along!!!

10. Virginia
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:52 am

Congratulations! Nothing kicks renovations into high gear like a baby on the way! Get a lot done before October, there’s something about construction tools and materials that inspire little ones to “help”. (Who says lightweight joint compound isn’t fun? :) You look gorgeous, Paris agrees with you!

11. www.onestorybuilding.com
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:55 am

Congratulations! You look great!

12. Fleur Cotton
    May 18th, 2012 @ 9:58 am

2012 is going to be a year you never forget – so many lifechanging events!

Congratulations from the UK, look forward to seeing all your renovations and baby preparations.

Fleur xx

13. Donna Seger
    May 18th, 2012 @ 10:02 am

Congratulations! What a big year for you, Katy.

14. Kim
    May 18th, 2012 @ 10:02 am

Congratulations! I am 18 1/2 weeks along with our first child! I am looking forward to following your journey as well as seeing what great things you do with the nursery. Right now we are in a small condo and I use the other bedroom (which is not big enough for a bedroom) for my workroom, so we are going to create a little nook for the baby in our bedroom.

15. Emily
    May 18th, 2012 @ 10:08 am

Oh my goodness! Wedding! Baby on the way! So much happy news! Wishing you all the best!

16. Kate, JetKat Photo
    May 18th, 2012 @ 10:24 am

yay!!! this is such great news!!! congrats and have a wonderful trip!!

17. Ashley
    May 18th, 2012 @ 10:38 am

Congratulations, Katy! Marriage and a baby–how exciting! I hope that you continue to feel better and that the renovations this summer are as hassle-free as possible.

18. Elyse
    May 18th, 2012 @ 10:40 am

Congrats on all of your wonderful news! So glad you’re back to blogging–I missed your updates.

Also just wanted to say that you look absolutely gorgeous and glowing in all the photos you’ve posted recently. And I love the shirt in the one above–so cute!

May 18th, 2012 @ 10:42 am

Thanks everyone for the congrats!

Psst the top is from J.crew: http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/shirtsandtops/blouses/PRDOVR~68394/68394.jsp

20. Christina
    May 18th, 2012 @ 10:42 am

Yay! I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago and have been hooked ever since. We’re embarking on a renovation of our Victorian home outside of Boston and your blog has been a fantastic source of inspiration and resources.

So excited to have you back, especially with so many exciting developments! Happy you’re feeling better and that you’ll be able to tackle that renovation in good form.

Good luck!

21. LindsB
    May 18th, 2012 @ 10:43 am

What exciting news! CONGRATS!!!

22. Emma at The Marion House Book
    May 18th, 2012 @ 10:59 am

Congratulations! Such an exciting time for you right now, marriage, honeymoons and babies!

23. Brindy
    May 18th, 2012 @ 11:20 am

And here I was so worried that your were deathly ill :) Congratulations on the wedding and baby. What a wonderful new world you both are entering.

24. Alison
    May 18th, 2012 @ 11:22 am

Congrats and glad to see you’re back from your blogging break..we’ve missed you! :)

May 18th, 2012 @ 11:39 am

Wow! Congratulations!!

26. Emily
    May 18th, 2012 @ 11:52 am

Yippeee! Such wonderful news Katy. I couldn’t be happier for you and Greg! What a wonderful year 2012 is turning out to be for you two (soon to be 3).

27. Susan
    May 18th, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

Lovely!! I am a bit jealous as I had to cancel my planned trip to Paris in February due to my pregnancy sickness…I was so hoping to take preggo shots in Paris. Congrats again!!!

28. Anna McClurg
    May 18th, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

Congratulations, Katy! How exciting!! And I love that you took the baby bump picture in Paris!

29. Brittany - the Home Ground
    May 18th, 2012 @ 12:50 pm

Married AND pregnant! You guys must be so ecstatic! You look lovely with a little baby bump, Katy. I’m so happy for you guys. Your master suite/nursery is going to be amazing, I just know it. Congrats!!

30. nole
    May 18th, 2012 @ 1:07 pm

Congrats again Katy – I’m so happy for you! xoxo

31. Karen
    May 18th, 2012 @ 1:10 pm

Yay! It’s so funny how you end up thinking about bloggers you follow, but you in particular, Katy — I think because we have such similar styles and I live in MA too. (In fact, we very nearly moved to Marblehead, but ended up in Concord because of my husband’s commute). But I was in Grace Sales a month or so ago and you popped into my head — I was like, I bet she’s pregnant! Anyway, *congratulations* on everything — I can remember being pregnant with my first like it was yesterday — it’s such an amazing time. Can’t wait to see what you do with the baby’s room!

32. erica
    May 18th, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

congrats! a new baby in the fall–that will be so much fun!

33. Dina
    May 18th, 2012 @ 2:07 pm

Wonderful news! I can’t wait to see your beautiful to be nursery!

34. Julie Larousse
    May 18th, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

Excellent life news all around. Have really enjoyed your blog the past couple of years – enjoy this really special time. It’s the best!
    cheers

35. Anonymous
    May 18th, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

I was wondering where you are as no posts!
    Wonderful news! How very exciting . You two look gorgeous!
    Love that photo by the Eiffel Tower. Baby will someday appreciate it!
    Best of everything.

36. Sarah van Loon
    May 18th, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

Oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How exciting!!!! I wish you the easiest rest-of-pregnancy, and birth, and renovations! What a wonderful delight. Congratulations to you both! xo

37. amy good house
    May 18th, 2012 @ 7:12 pm

Congrats! How exciting :)

38. ileana
    May 18th, 2012 @ 8:09 pm

Yay! You’re back! I missed reading your posts. Such wonderful news. Congratulations and best wishes. Eat lots and lots of leafy greens.

39. Erica W.
    May 18th, 2012 @ 8:48 pm

Congratulations on all these wonderful new developments!

40. Marcia Smith
    May 19th, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

Knew it the minute you tweeted about Swan’s Island baby blanket!! Congrats to all- looked for you all over Paris- even though I don’t “know” You!!! Just got back from a week in Paris and Lyon! We overlapped by a few days! Enjoy your pregnancy!

41. Susan Teague
    May 19th, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

Congratulations to you on both counts!! Spectacular news…..!
    You have both things that I can’t have – a baby and a wonderful old home in Marblehead!! And throw in a trip to Paris and your like – totally wowing me!
    Super excited for you both, Katie. I think from watching you in your blogs you will make stellar parents and, more importantly, a fantastic little person!! Looking forward to all your new milestones in the times to come. All the best to you and your family.

42. Amelia
    May 19th, 2012 @ 9:13 pm

Hooray! What happy news! I’ve been missing your blog posts, and had an inkling that this might be why you weren’t updating. I’m also pregnant, and it sounds like we’re due at about the same time. I can’t wait to see what kind of pretties you find for your little one. You’ve got inspiring taste!

Congrats to you! You look beautiful!

43. Kayla @ exquisite banana
    May 19th, 2012 @ 9:39 pm

Elopement! Paris! Baby! All so exciting. Congratulations!!!

44. Zach
    May 21st, 2012 @ 12:28 pm

Congratulations! I’ve loved watching your home renovations for a long time now. I can’t wait to see more!

45. Jennifer Hazard
    May 21st, 2012 @ 3:46 pm

Congrats on the marriage and the baby! I hope you’ll check out Cute Potato: Your Guide to Kid-Friendly Maine. The blog regularly features kid-friendly shops, handmade goods, events, and restaurants throughout the state.

Also, many thanks for recommending the Marston House rental. My husband and I just returned from a trip to Paris in March, but we would love to travel to Provence in the future with our little ones.

So happy to see you back and feeling better.

All best,

Jen Hazard

46. Dianek
    May 21st, 2012 @ 4:04 pm

Felicitations to all three of you! (Pretty sure that’s congratulations in French.)

47. Barbara
    May 22nd, 2012 @ 8:43 am

Congratulations on your wonderful news!! I can honestly say having children changes your perspective forever, in a good way!

Also, I’m sure this baby will have the most chic nursery in the history of the world, so I’m really looking forward to seeing it!

48. Meredith @ Map & Menu
    May 22nd, 2012 @ 9:13 am

How exciting – congratulations! I’m looking forward to following along with the nursery/master suite renovations!

49. amy m
    May 22nd, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

Ahhh, congrats Katy! You and Greg are going to be such fantastic parents, I’m so thrilled for you both!!!

50. Mary
    May 23rd, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

Katy! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and I can’t wait to see how you decorate a nursery!

51. Karen
    May 24th, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

Congratulations! What wonderful new. Wishing you and your husband a healthy baby and every blessing!

52. laurie
    May 25th, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

Hey Katy – this is also wonderful news… congratulations, again!

If you are gonna make it up to Union, ME for the antiques fair this summer, let me know you are coming and maybe we can cross paths!

But, you do have your hands full… and more!

53. mopar
    May 29th, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

Congratulations on all your wonderful news. How exciting. So happy for you both and to see things going so well for you.

54. Jill
    June 9th, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

I was wondering what was up with you. I’m so glad it is great news! Congratulations! I’m glad you’re feeling better and up to posting again too.