Worn Wood Bench In Mudroom

Posted on | January 2, 2012 | 22 Comments

107397 0 8 3381 traditional entry Worn Wood Bench In Mudroom
Smith & Vansant Architects PC

I came across this mudroom photo last night on Pinterest. The colors, beadboard, floor and bench caught my eye. The green is so pretty and reminds me of my beloved Farrow & Ball Verte De Terre in my den. But maybe a bit warmer and closer to Cooking Apple Green? The worn seat bench could be salvaged on a custom base—I love the different compartments for boots. The floors look terra cotta, right? So pretty and warm.

The mudroom is from Smith & Vansant Architects portfolio featuring a house in Lyme, New Hampshire. You can find more photos of the house on Houzz.com and on the firm’s website.

Stone Cottage Kitchen Floors
Country English Kitchen
Cobble Floors in Country House

pixel Worn Wood Bench In Mudroom

Comments

22 Responses to “Worn Wood Bench In Mudroom”

1. Diana
    January 2nd, 2012 @ 10:20 am

I would love to have that room!

2. Mike T
    January 2nd, 2012 @ 10:55 am

I can make you one that looks just like that…..just saying.

January 2nd, 2012 @ 11:11 am

Thanks Mike! Not there yet but adding to my inspiration folder.

4. Susan
    January 2nd, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

Awesome…reminds me of a PA farmhouse…my dream!

5. Chris Demakis
    January 2nd, 2012 @ 8:27 pm

Love the millwork as well!

I have issues with shoes at the front door in my own house. Meaning, they’ve taken over. And our mudroom is clearly not working the way it should. But this space is beautiful.

Thanks, Katy. Enjoy your blog!

Chris

January 2nd, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

If I did something like this I might think about putting baskets or pull out drawers below the bench to organize shoes, hats etc. But I do like how light and airy the benches feel as is.

7. Clementine
    January 4th, 2012 @ 10:33 am

I love Pinterest! Loads of beautiful images… so much inspiriation.

The combination of soft colours against the terracotta floor works perfectly.

8. Linda
    March 26th, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

I love your site! It’s so attractive and restful and creative. We used to live in Manchester, MA and I loved being near the sea.
    Glad to discover your site and look forward to more postings.

9. rebekah
    March 28th, 2012 @ 8:49 am

So glad to have come across this site. Collecting ideas for me and my boyfriends house and we actually have a huge entry way we can do this too! Can’t wait for the construction to begin. I want to do the exact picture; down to the green bead board on the wall and the old wooden bench!

10. Interior Desires
    March 12th, 2013 @ 12:38 pm

So gentrified, I would imagine after a long walk in the country this is the first port of call when taking off those muddy boots.

11. Snwfrsvo
    April 9th, 2013 @ 11:44 pm

Do you know the address? dvderotik
    Checkout my Pics Collection in my Profile.

12. Snwfrsvo
    April 9th, 2013 @ 11:45 pm

Do you know the address? dvderotik
    Checkout my Pics Collection in my Profile.

13. Snwfrsvo
    April 9th, 2013 @ 11:46 pm

Do you know the address? dvderotik
    Checkout my Pics Collection in my Profile.

14. Snwfrsvo
    April 9th, 2013 @ 11:46 pm

Do you know the address? dvderotik
    Checkout my Pics Collection in my Profile.

15. Ehfwqdio
    April 10th, 2013 @ 12:03 am

I was born in Australia but grew up in England http://community.parents.com/asumouooi/blog/2013/04/04/lolita_kingdom_nude_pics free lolita galleries com nie ma to jak wojskowi – ci dopiero umiÄ… walczyć – ale gdzie i z kim – HA HA HA

16. Ehfwqdio
    April 10th, 2013 @ 12:03 am

17. Diimtpaf
    April 10th, 2013 @ 12:04 am

Is this a temporary or permanent position? russia lolita kdz bbs Pussy made to fuck and to be split wide open!!! That pussy girl has learned how to walk spraddled legged!!!

18. Ehfwqdio
    April 10th, 2013 @ 12:04 am

19. Ehfwqdio
    April 10th, 2013 @ 12:05 am

20. Diimtpaf
    April 10th, 2013 @ 12:05 am

21. razer22
    April 10th, 2013 @ 12:18 am

Why did you come to ? cute young lolita pics Carmella could pretty much shit in a fishbowl and it would still be hot, love seeing her get covered in cum

22. Dawna
    June 20th, 2013 @ 11:28 pm

Love this room! That bench is perfect as is the wall color! love it!!