Handmade Cinnamom Heart Tied Gifts

Posted on | December 22, 2011 | 13 Comments

handmade hearts for packages Handmade Cinnamom Heart Tied Gifts

Remember the cinnamon applesauce heart ornaments I made earlier this week? I used them to decorate my Christmas presents too! I wrapped each box in kraft paper, added a tag, tied two hearts onto each string, and tied the two strings together into a bow. Viola! So easy and festive. I love how simple and handmade each of the packages look. And they’re going to smell super amazing under the tree! A cute idea for Christmas and Valentine’s day gifts too!

Click here for full instructions to make Cinnamon Applesauce Hearts.

handmade gift packages Handmade Cinnamom Heart Tied Gifts

handmade cinnamon hearts Handmade Cinnamom Heart Tied Gifts

applesauce cinnamon handmade hearts Handmade Cinnamom Heart Tied Gifts

Cinnamon Applesauce Heart Ornaments
How To Make Macaroni Snowflakes
Diy: Salt Dough Ornaments

pixel Handmade Cinnamom Heart Tied Gifts

Comments

13 Responses to “Handmade Cinnamom Heart Tied Gifts”

1. Fairyfiligree
    December 22nd, 2011 @ 11:52 am

They look really unique and that striped string reminds me of my childhood purchases of sweet pies. I am assuming you do not have any dogs or cats around the house – if I placed such sweet-smelling packages under our tree, our cats and dog would definitely gobble them up!

December 22nd, 2011 @ 11:56 am

Ha! Yes, dogs would eat them. My cat isn’t interested. He likes buttery savory cookies!

3. jen jafarzadeh
    December 22nd, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

I wish I had time to make these as they’re so adorable, Katy! And I’m sure delicious, too. Love your wrapping idea.

December 22nd, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

Hi Jen!

You can’t eat them, they’re rock hard. But smell delicious!

5. heather
    December 23rd, 2011 @ 9:06 am

what a sweet idea! These look so lovely!~

6. Chaucee
    December 23rd, 2011 @ 1:36 pm

THIS is absolutely adorable. I wish I had spent more time on wrapping presents!

7. abby Belknap
    December 29th, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

How about some wonderful shots of new England in winter?? It’s going to be over 100 degrees here in South australia today?? a little ice skating, icicles, snow, grey skies anything like that would be wonderful. Love your photos

8. Rachel
    December 29th, 2011 @ 6:27 pm

I can’t wait to try these – the recipe is so simple! …yes it’s past Christmas and yes I’m still catching up on holiday activities :) I hope they keep better than my popcorn garlands did (not recommended).

9. A Southern Bee Diary
    December 30th, 2011 @ 1:56 pm

What an adorable and cute idea ! I love the string you used too! Really great idea, thanks for sharing !

10. Crystal
    November 30th, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

I love these little hearts!! Did you just add food colour do make them red? And if so, did you use the gel kind???

11. tara
    December 13th, 2012 @ 7:12 pm

Can you tell me where you found the paper for wrapping?

December 13th, 2012 @ 9:19 pm

You can pick up brown paper at office supply stores like Staples or try big box stores like Target in the office supply or packing supply aisle.

13. Deborah Wynn
    November 6th, 2013 @ 8:38 am

I love the red hearts! Did you just add food coloring to your basic recipe to make it red? If so, any particular type?