The Blanket Lady

Posted on | October 27, 2011 | 10 Comments

plaid wool blanket from mackimmel marblehead1 The Blanket Lady

Did you know snow is in the forecast for much of New England today? Winter is upon us and it’s time to cuddle up with a warm wool blanket and drink hot apple cider. MacKimmie Co. new to Marblehead’s historic district is filled with stacks of plaid, stripe, and herringbone blankets.

Doris carries all my favorites: Johnstons of Elgin throws from Scotland, herringbones in wool and cotton from Brahms Mount, jeweled toned lambswool from Sorcha and cozy stripe wool blankets from Prince Edward Island.

Reversible 100% lambswool throws from Johnstons (above) are gorgeous and have a nice weight and size 55” X 75” without being too bulky. Brahms Mount throws and merino wool blankets are irresistible. View photos from my visit to their mill in Hallowell, Maine this summer.

Pop into the shop for a visit or Doris would be happy to accept phone orders and mail a blanket directly to you. Below snapshots of my favorites in the shop.

MacKimmie Co.
Doris Barsauskas
134 Washington Street
Marblehead, Massachusetts (map)
781.631.1080
DB@mackimmieco.com

stripe wool blanket The Blanket LadyJohnstons “Point Blankets” are available in stripes and solids in green, red and blue.

brahms mount herringbone blanket samples The Blanket LadyA selection of Brahms Mount herringbone merino wool blankets samples. The green on the left caught my eye.

orange red and blue plaid throw The Blanket LadyThis 100% lambswool plaid throw from Sorcha is amazing. The colors are out of this world. I had a hard time resisting.

johnstons tweed blankets The Blanket LadyReversible tweed 100% lambswool throws from Johnstons.

plaid blue and stripe throws The Blanket LadyAn assortment of blankets and throws in blues and khaki.

johnstons reversible tartan blanket The Blanket LadyA tartan reversible throw from Johnstons.

Mill Tour of Brahms Mount in Maine
Great English Outdoors: Plaid Heaven
Coterie

pixel The Blanket Lady

Comments

10 Responses to “The Blanket Lady”

1. evencleveland
    October 27th, 2011 @ 12:46 pm

I want to go to there.

2. mary
    October 27th, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

I LOVE that this store is downtown – how great! I will have to visit next time we are there. These blankets are gorgeous!

3. Abbey
    October 27th, 2011 @ 5:11 pm

LOVE!!! I am freezing in my office!!

4. mopar
    October 27th, 2011 @ 11:48 pm

Hm, I’m starting to feel a trip is in order. I always want to buy blankets for wedding presents, and they’re surprisingly difficult to find.

5. Renata
    October 28th, 2011 @ 9:00 am

You are handling the impending snow much better than I am! I don’t want to see snow until we’ve had our Thanksgiving turkey – After that it’s fair game!

6. Suzanne
    October 28th, 2011 @ 9:37 am

Welp, that store looks like heaven! Thanks for sharing, I’m gonna go love on some of my throws.

7. Patsy
    October 28th, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

Love this store! May have to pop in and see if she has any shawls – thanks for the reminder!

8. Clementine
    November 3rd, 2011 @ 5:21 am

This store looks amazing! I love those blue throws and blankets – so pretty.

9. Charlotte
    December 22nd, 2011 @ 2:27 pm

I love the Seaweaver blankets that she carries by a lady that hand weaves everything on Nantucket island!

10. lovely blanket
    July 18th, 2014 @ 5:52 am

Lovely wool blankets. Congratulations for your job