Early Summer In Marblehead

Posted on | June 29, 2011 | 10 Comments

Warm muggy days and cool nights; I slip into my bed and pull up my beloved down comforter. Roses, foxgloves and clematis are in full bloom all over town. Long days make room for walks at the beach after work. I love you summer.

Old Slides Of House And Mugford Street
Memorial Day (photos)
Signs of Spring

Comments

10 Responses to “Early Summer In Marblehead”

1. Michael Penney
    June 29th, 2011 @ 9:00 am

I LOVE this post!!!!!! So beautiful, so inspiring, so TRUE. Summer – I love you too.

2. emilie
    June 29th, 2011 @ 9:28 am

Awww…I’m sure summer is yelling you : “Love you too” right about now!

3. My Dog-Eared Pages
    June 29th, 2011 @ 10:42 am

I love these photographs, Katy… and they represent so much of what I love about summer, too! ; )

4. mirica
    June 29th, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

Your photos captured a lovely summer stroll through the neighborhood. I was happily transported if momentarily there, I could even smell the salty sea. Happy Summer.

5. abby Belknap
    June 29th, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

I wish I was in Marblehead now. or Maybe even Beverly, or even My home town of Gulford Conn. But Im down under in Winter and gloomy short days. Wouldnt it be lovely to slip from hemisphere to hemisphere each time the weather warmed up. The blues are so reminiscent for me, thanks for your post of nostalgia for this yankee in the sunburnt land

June 30th, 2011 @ 8:46 am

Beautiful. I love summer too!

7. Perry Carter
    June 30th, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

I just moved back to Massachusetts from the Palm Beach area–your photos capture the beauty of spring in a way that I really missed while away. (Although South Florida is pretty amazing, too…) Thanks for posting!

8. Kim
    June 30th, 2011 @ 3:26 pm

I wish I still lived on the North Shore! Beautiful photos. It brings it all back.

9. mopar
    June 30th, 2011 @ 5:59 pm

I love you summer too. What beautiful pictures.

10. Karena
    July 3rd, 2011 @ 11:29 pm

Oh yes, I love it too, my purple clematis comes back year after year!

xoxo