Columbia River Gorge

Posted on | June 17, 2011 | 8 Comments

I’m in Portland, Oregon for the weekend. I spent the day with Chelsea from the blog {frolic!}. She was sweet enough to be my tour guide and brought me up to see the Columbia River Gorge. It was beautiful. The air was clean, the landscape lush with beautiful wild flowers, ferns and moss covered rocks. The wild maidenhair ferns (I have in my garden!) had me snapping a ton of photos. Gorgeous.

Thanks for a fantastic day Chelsea! I’m off to bed, my clocks reads: 2:56 am east coast time!

Comments

8 Responses to “Columbia River Gorge”

1. Steve
    June 17th, 2011 @ 8:39 am

Wow. Stunning!

2. Dear Frances
    June 17th, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

Gorgeous! My own personal heaven fantasy is full of maidenhair ferns, waterfalls, and lush bright green moss. :)

3. Shari C.
    June 17th, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

Welcome to the west coast, Katy!
    I live up in Seattle.
    and I have really enjoyed following your blog, (…and trying your recipes and appreciating the art you share.)

4. Sarah K.
    June 17th, 2011 @ 12:32 pm

Wow, I love that first shot so much. It reminds me of a Hudson River School painting.

There is a special place in my heart for Portland. I’m from Utah, and a trip to Portland when I was 14 was the first time I really understood that I live in a desert, and I finally got why people from the Pacific Northwest always said “There are no TREES here!” when they came to UT.

5. liz
    June 18th, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

Welcome!!

6. nicole
    June 19th, 2011 @ 2:25 pm

ah, that made me smile… i know exactly where you were. we relocated to portland maine from portland oregon two years ago and those pics had me (almost) missing all that misty, drizzly weather. hope you had fun!

June 20th, 2011 @ 10:53 am

So stunning – hope you had the loveliest time Katy!

8. Noelle
    June 25th, 2011 @ 9:50 am

katy: i so look forward to your posts, I thought is she in Portland ME? but no you are on the west coast! I loved the waterfall photo, so natural and beautiful. Thanks Noelle