Les Indiennes Wallpaper

Posted on | May 5, 2011 | 7 Comments

I like the idea of using wallpaper in small rooms and hallways. Spotted in the recent issue of Elle Decor Les Indiennes just released a collection of wallpaper—I’m a huge of their textile line! The wallpaper is made to order with a lead time of 2-3 weeks. Each roll is 5 yards long and 27″ wide and goes for $105/roll. Twelve patterns are available in nine standard colors. I checked out the sample pack and was kinda bummed to see most of the designs were really large.

In their textile collection they make a ton of really pretty small prints. Super cute for side chairs, curtains, pillows. Maybe I could cover the walls with fabric rather then using wallpaper? Below an inspiration shot from their new wallpaper collection and Lucie fabric.

Les Indiennes: Indian-Inspired Fabric
Wallpaper: Peter Fasano
Stripe Wallpaper From Farrow & Ball

Comments

7 Responses to “Les Indiennes Wallpaper”

1. Kim Walker
    May 5th, 2011 @ 9:13 pm

Your interests and your taste are so similar to mine…I enjoy your posts-Thank you for sharing. Kim

2. Susan
    May 6th, 2011 @ 7:43 am

I did notice those…very unique!

3. Carrie @ Hazardous Design
    May 6th, 2011 @ 7:53 am

Nice, I hadn’t heard of these before now. I’m kinda digging the large scale prints, and these colors are beautiful.

4. Sarah
    May 6th, 2011 @ 9:25 am

I just wrapped up a wallpapering project and used this in my house in Newburyport – it was a little scary at first, but now I adore it!

5. The Neighbor's Kid
    May 6th, 2011 @ 9:46 am

Or Katy, you could design your own and block print it. That would be cool.

6. mopar
    May 6th, 2011 @ 3:16 pm

I agree with you completely, Katy. I have been looking for a similar small-scale wallpaper print. I saw these at John Derian and they are too big. Linda Wary used something similar in the foyer of a Brooklyn brownstone. Maybe it was fabric. Pierre
    Deux maybe had things like this in the 1970s, but I don’t think they do any more. I was thinking of stenciling a pattern in my hall, but I know I’m too lazy to ever really do it. :)

May 6th, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

I’ve thought about using fabric, making my own block print and even fantasized about creating my own collection of mini floral wallpaper…ha!