Signs of Spring

Posted on | April 27, 2011 | 14 Comments

Soludos Espadrilles in Navy, $28 and Ann Taylor Loft’s Stripe Mix Knit Dress in Faded Ink, $59.50.

Finally, It’s spring! I spotted blooming trees and flowers on my walk this morning. I even wore a dress with no tights, A-mazing! My glaring white legs are a bit scary but it felt great to actually put on spring clothes and shoes. BTW espadrilles and stripe dresses are super hot for spring—good for me because it’s the perfect work from home uniform. I tried to find traditional espadrilles last spring (TOMS are cute too!) with no luck but this year they’re everywhere and selling out fast. I picked up three pairs in stripes in solids from Soludos.com. The seersucker style are my favorite. Word of caution when shopping for espadrilles online, double check the shipping costs before purchasing, a few sites were almost double the cost of the shoes.

So let’s talk stripes dresses. I scored Ann Taylor Loft’s Stripe Mix Knit Dress 40% off over the weekend. I also picked up this one on sale from Boden, cute but short. Both dresses are super comfy but clingy—definite motivation to hit the gym and tone up my bum. Hope spring has come to your corner of the world too!

Pussy Willows and Forysthia
Spring Dresses From EmersonMade.
Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

Comments

14 Responses to “Signs of Spring”

1. erin, reading my tea leaves
    April 27th, 2011 @ 3:46 pm

providence is blooming, too! i saw your tweet the other day about new striped dresses and hoped a post was on the way–so glad to see these signs of spring!

April 27th, 2011 @ 4:20 pm

I have a few more stripe dresses that I have my eye on but want to try them on first before sharing.

3. Patsy
    April 27th, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

Land’s End Canvas has a great boatneck striped dress on sale right now for $34.99. Perfect mid-weight dress – highly recommend!

April 27th, 2011 @ 4:58 pm

I love the lands end canvas one but they sold out of my size. Should have scooped it up sooner! http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/BoatneckSailorDress~219651_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::MS7&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-DressesSkirts&origin=index

5. Susan
    April 27th, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

hooray for the arrival of spring!

6. Emily
    April 27th, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

I would look at your blog when you first started it, then got sidetracked for awhile. Glad to be back in the circle. Thx for keeping up with it!

7. Anna
    April 27th, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

I’m glad to have the espadrille recommendation! Thanks. Good prices and good, basic colors. Espadrilles were not conceived to be an expensive shoe, and these are much more “authentic” than many I see online these days, in that sense.

April 27th, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

Oh my, these photos are divine! I love your dress and laughed out loud – your “pale” legs are more tanned than I ever get!

9. Anna Allen
    April 27th, 2011 @ 9:53 pm

your espadrilles reminded me to search for a pair in black. harder to find than i thought, but i found some…finally! and that striped dress from boden looks perfect! i’m tempted, but i’ve been spending too much money lately. must resist!

p.s. i agree with jane…i!! if only my legs would get that tan!

April 27th, 2011 @ 10:34 pm

Ha Jane and Anna! In my family and friends I’m the the palest and get made of fun of all the time!

11. Ro
    April 28th, 2011 @ 1:12 am

These pictures are exactly what Spring is all about. Lovely stuff!

12. Amanda
    April 28th, 2011 @ 10:40 am

Loooovely post. Swooning over that cherry blossom tree in the graveyard! And the Boden dress, and the espadrilles … Thanks so much for sharing Soludos – just scooped up 3 pair myself! Happy Spring (finally)!

13. www.StarHughes.com
    April 29th, 2011 @ 1:24 am

Wow, what a beautiful yard! Is the dark shingled home yours? That is my dream-style house, but it is so rare out here in California! I love the New England style. And I love your blog!

14. miranda Berrow
    May 10th, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

Katie Hello. I thought that I had joined your blog, but nothing has appeared. I love what you are doing. I live in a weeney thatched cottage VERY close to Ben Penthreith in Dorset, the most beautiful county in southern Britain.
    Please tell me what I must do to receive your blog regularly? I potter away and do a little decorating for friends and I have no idea how I came to your site but I am charmed by it