Verte De Terre or Mizzle?

Posted on | February 10, 2011 | 29 Comments

I totally forgot to post a photo of my new Mizzle Farrow & Ball paint sample. On the left is Verte De Terre and on the right is Mizzle. The colors changed a lot throughout the day. Both of the photos above were taken within an hour of each other in the middle of the day. I’m leaning toward Verte De Terre but Mizzle is a beautiful color too—a bit bluer gray. I love the name Mizzle: A soft blue grey which takes its name from the West Country description for a combination of mist and drizzle. Hmm I’m thinking Mizzle could describe a number of days in New England too!

New! Farrow & Ball Paint Colors
Elegant Green Paneled Molding
Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour

Comments

29 Responses to “Verte De Terre or Mizzle?”

1. Andrea
    February 10th, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

Verte de Terre!

2. erin
    February 10th, 2011 @ 7:46 pm

wow! i love the mizzle. but it’s definitely more blue than the greens you’ve been looking at. amazing how the colors shift with the sun!

3. Kate
    February 10th, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

Verte de Terre – I love it!

4. rachel
    February 10th, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

I vote for Verte de Terre. Although I’m a sucker for a charming paint name myself!

5. Kristin
    February 10th, 2011 @ 10:15 pm

My vote is Mizzle – can’t NOT love a hint of gray!

6. Aoife
    February 11th, 2011 @ 4:13 am

Verre de Terre! You might regret a last minute change of mind. Mizzle is lovely though.

7. Karen
    February 11th, 2011 @ 4:25 am

I vote Verte de Terre.
    It’s a very mizzly day here in Ireland.
    Loving your work, Katy!

8. Susan
    February 11th, 2011 @ 7:24 am

Verte de Terre, although I love both. Their new colors are amazing.

9. Ellen Spencer
    February 11th, 2011 @ 9:22 am

Verte de Terre. And save Mizzle for the wall color of another room, say a bathroom!

10. emily @ thirtyeight20
    February 11th, 2011 @ 10:00 am

Oh, both are so nice! Since you’ve been wanting green for such a long time though, my vote is for Verte De Terre.

I also agree with the previous commenter — use mizzle somewhere else for sure. It’s the perfect grey-blue.

February 11th, 2011 @ 10:02 am

I think Ellen is right Mizzle would be gorgeous in a bathroom! I wish we could just get to the bathrooms – I have three to do!

February 11th, 2011 @ 10:48 am

I adore Mizzle, but think Vert de Terre is more consistent with what you’ve been showing / describing all along.

Seriously, F&B should sponsor your whole blog. I can’t think of a better ad for them!

February 11th, 2011 @ 10:49 am

ha! Thanks Jane. I’m happy to support a great company and product.

14. Meghan Shadrick
    February 11th, 2011 @ 11:20 am

Verte de Terre is my vote too…..I might just add mizzle to my vocab now. Love the name too!

Great blog btw….not sure where I found you first, but its nice to see a blog in the Boston area, and I’m learning so much more about old house restorations from you!

15. Beverly Rivkind
    February 11th, 2011 @ 12:12 pm

I Vote for Mizzle

16. Ginger
    February 11th, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

Yep, Vert de Terre. I think it’ll be closest to what you’ve been saying you want.

I think the Mizzle is a really nice color, too….perhaps for a ceiling? I love tinted ceilings!

17. Sealicious
    February 11th, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

I aggree that Vert de Terre is the best choice. I wish it was Mizzle though so I could comment,

“Mizzle fo’ Shizzle!”

18. Erica
    February 11th, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

I prefer vert de terre for that room, but mizzle would be lovely in a bedroom.

19. Nate
    February 11th, 2011 @ 9:24 pm

Love the Mizzle!

20. Michelle
    February 11th, 2011 @ 9:51 pm

Ooooo, they’re both gorgeous, but I’ll have to go with Verte de Terre. Can’t wait to see the finished result!

21. Jenny
    February 12th, 2011 @ 10:26 am

verte de terre is pretty and earthy…mizzle runs a little cool, while verte stays warm.

22. Steve
    February 12th, 2011 @ 10:31 pm

Verte de Terre. And I love the abstract wallpaper shape on the wall. No, seriously. I’d glaze the plaster to tone it the background color of the wallpaper. Could be really cool.

23. moparbrownstoner
    February 13th, 2011 @ 3:53 pm

Oh Vert de Terre for sure in the den. Looks amazing in there, so perfect for the woodwork. Agree Mizzle could be so charming in a bedroom. I can imagine a pillow with some tiny pink petal print on it making a nice contrast.

24. Dina
    February 13th, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

Mizzle looks airy! It will make the room look bigger!

25. quintessence
    February 17th, 2011 @ 12:21 am

Vert de Terre is one of my all time favorite Farrow and Ball colors!

26. mark
    March 3rd, 2011 @ 1:47 pm

i ve just painted my garden building in mizzle and needing a slightly darker colour to pick out the window apetures ,any ideas anyone .

27. Andrea
    June 11th, 2011 @ 4:58 pm

just wondering if you ever decided between the Vert de Terre or the Mizzle…please post the final painted room pictures!!!

June 11th, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

I picked the Verte De Terre. It’s almost done. I want to wait till it’s totally done and then I’ll share, maybe with a video too? Stay tuned…See a few in process photos here: http://www.katyelliott.com/blog/2011/04/mantel-getting-painted-green.html

29. Gail Cresswell-Watterston
    July 19th, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

Vert de Terre rules, I’ve just used this in my hallway too and it has a chalky look to it which I love, hope you love your final result too!