New! Farrow & Ball Paint Colors

Posted on | February 4, 2011 | 16 Comments

Wall below picture rail: Mizzle No.266, Wall above picture rail: Dix Blue® No.82, Ceiling: Wimborne White No.239.

It just keeps snowing! I thought I was a tough New England girl but with another snowstorm predicted for Saturday I’m crying, mercy!

Out this week nine new paint colors from Farrow & Ball for 2011. I already got a sample of Mizzle (above) above to try out on my molding. I love the styling of the new collection—it feels really fresh and perfect for a Maine summer house. I don’t think I would necessarily paint a whole room so many different colors but the images do inspire me to think about using accessories in similar accent colors. Gosh, I love rosy pinks/red with green! Above and below a few of my favorites from the new collection.

Wall: Manor House Gray No.265, Door & Ceiling: Cooking Apple Green® No.32, Desk: Red Earth® No.64, Chair: India Yellow No.66.

Wall: Calluna No.270, Ceiling: Churlish Green No.251, Door: Folly Green® No.76.

Doors: Dove Tale No.267, Wall: Arsenic® No.214, Ceiling: Churlish Green No.251

Wardrobe: Cabbage White No.269, Wall: Saxon Green® No.80, Ceiling: Blue Ground® No.210, Bed: Dimity® No.2008.

Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour
Elegant Green Paneled Molding
Sage Green Rooms

Comments

16 Responses to “New! Farrow & Ball Paint Colors”

1. Laura.
    February 4th, 2011 @ 12:34 pm

i love these combinations! the styling makes them look like little doll houses or something, i love the really simple look of each scene. i bet the mizzle will look GREAT on your molding!

2. moparbrownstoner
    February 4th, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

Oh my goodness, Mizzle at least on my screen looks like a pale olive green — a color they were most definitely missing before and that I was looking for endlessly fruitlessly.

Though I recently read that you can take any color and get Benjamin Moore to make it up diluted so it’s lighter…..maybe I read that here, not sure.

Then again, one does not always want Benjamin Moore.

February 4th, 2011 @ 12:58 pm

At my local paint shop you can bring any paint chip/color and they can replicate or alter it to make a custom color.

I just personally love the way F&B’s green paints look and feel. They are much moodier and less saturated to my eyes.

But don’t get me wrong I love Benjamin Moore too! My exterior paint choice will probably be from them.

4. Susan
    February 4th, 2011 @ 2:11 pm

Should get the new deck in the post any day now…can’t wait!!

5. janice
    February 4th, 2011 @ 2:54 pm

I love these colors! I am seeking opinion(s) before I paint my dining room – it’s had wallpaper for 35 years and I finally got really sick of it- well, about 10 years ago but just stripped it last week…
    What gloss level would you use for a dining room wall? What about for the molding? Benjamin Moore has an interior flat/matte, eggshell, pearl, satin, semigloss, gloss – just for a place to start. Thank you so much.

6. Ashley
    February 4th, 2011 @ 3:32 pm

Each room looks like candy! So pretty!

7. That's Not My Age
    February 5th, 2011 @ 10:05 am

I’ve just been thinking about colour combinations myself – really like the fourth picture (arsenic/churlish), the brighter walls look fab with the grey doors.

8. Pete Peters
    February 7th, 2011 @ 8:49 am

janice..

I usually use Benjamin Moore eggshell (a little glossy) or matte (close to flat) on the walls and semigloss on the trim. Semi gloss is easier to work with than gloss, but still reflects light a little. FWIW.

Use DIF in a garden sprayer to get the wallpaper off. I swear by the stuff. No need for a lot scraping, heat guns and all that. It may peal right off if the paper was applied over sizing.

9. Wendy
    February 8th, 2011 @ 9:35 am

Katy, What’s going on with your ceiling? You said it wasn’t up to code? There are inspectors involved now?

February 8th, 2011 @ 9:50 am

Wendy! I need to write an update but I’m waiting for my contractors to come over to make the fixes before I post. Anytime you open up a ceiling and recover it you have to meet code is what I am hearing….

11. Liz Carter
    February 8th, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

I absolutely love the last room! The green walls with the blue molding/ceiling is so original!

12. Steve
    February 9th, 2011 @ 7:02 pm

Man, I love that arsenic color. It’s totally crazy.

13. Sally Mae
    February 9th, 2011 @ 11:17 pm

perfect for spring! I need some color around here to brighten up our very grey Wisconsin days.

14. tschitschi
    February 10th, 2011 @ 9:39 am

lovely colours!

15. Lauren Gries
    February 16th, 2011 @ 10:15 pm

Love the new colors! Just talking about how great it would be to have the job to name F&B colors. What is it 8 colors every 2 or 4 years?

I have to admit though, there is no paint like F&B, I learned the hard and expensive way trying to save money with other brands. I wanted Pale Hound for my kitchen but as a college student I couldn’t afford the $125.00 gallon, I at first the Green Depot in the city tried, but they couldn’t match it. Then I went to BM and bought a color that was a close match (Stanhope Yellow).

I learned that F&B uses clay as a base, that’s what creates the great depth within the colors and the hefty price tag.