Elegant Green Paneled Molding

Posted on | January 27, 2011 | 15 Comments

green moulding jasper conran Elegant Green Paneled Molding

New beams have been installed in the den and next week the plasterer will be over to hang a new ceiling. I can’t believe that I may actually be able to paint my den in the next month or so. Ever since I saw the room I wanted to paint it green. At first, I wanted the trim to be cream and the walls green. We scraped off hundred layers of paint to discover the paint was originally green. Over the summer I spotted green molding in a number of historic New England homes which really pushed me to fully embrace painted moldings.

I want the molding to be an unsaturated green that feels moody with a bit a gray like the molding in the photos above and below. My first choice was Verte De Terre from Farrow & Ball. The sample we painted on the wall is extremely close to the original paint we found on the molding. Next week Farrow & Ball is releasing nine new paint colors. I’m eyeing Mizzle: A soft blue grey which takes its name from the West Country description for a combination of mist and drizzle. The color from the press release looked similar to the den below with the leather sofas. The new colors are not available till Feb 1st—I’ll share some inspiration rooms next week. The Mizzle sample should be here next week for me to try out!

138 139 RPS1343 Dyson LvngRm Elegant Green Paneled Molding
Karin Draaijer Blue Entryway Elegant Green Paneled Molding
quinlan and francis terry llp Elegant Green Paneled Molding
O8Z4477 Elegant Green Paneled Molding
WoI Green Paint Inspiration 2 500x464 Elegant Green Paneled Molding

Photo Credits: Jasper Conran Country, Farrow & Ball Living with Colour, Remodelista House Call: Karin Draaijer in Belgium, Quinlin and Francis Terry Architects: Kingsham Farm, unknown, World of Interiors: more photos here.

Sage Green Rooms
Pale Green Walls with Cream Trim
Green on Greene
Back To Green Molding
Brainstorming Den with Lizzie Bailey

pixel Elegant Green Paneled Molding

Comments

15 Responses to “Elegant Green Paneled Molding”

1. Susan
    January 27th, 2011 @ 9:56 am

I am counting down to the new Farrow & Ball paint colors as well…(posted about it)…I am excited for Manor House Gray. Sounds like Mizzle might be perfect for your den!

2. Emma
    January 27th, 2011 @ 9:57 am

I’m so excited for you! I think the first time I visited your site you were testing out the paint colours on the wall. Can’t wait to see how it looks.

3. Ashley
    January 27th, 2011 @ 10:10 am

Wow! How exciting! On a slighly unrelated note: does the fireplace in the room work?! I’m sure your den will be so cozy and invited when you’re finished with it…the perfect place to curl up with a book or some knitting.

January 27th, 2011 @ 10:31 am

Ashley! The fireplace will someday work. It has to be lined etc. Right now it’s open to the sky!

5. ethanollie
    January 27th, 2011 @ 11:30 am

we painted our dining room a similar green and it is so moody, the hue changes constantly. i love it, beautiful choice for paneling.

6. Meredith
    January 27th, 2011 @ 1:29 pm

Such gorgeous colors! I absolutely love the second picture; what a beautiful room.

7. abby Belknap
    January 27th, 2011 @ 9:00 pm

Love the one colour idea you are going with, soft and soothing
    in one of the photos the beams are painted black, having lived with that in england in an old house I have to say its opressive, and better to blend in with the ceiling colour or to match the rest of the wood in the rest of the room. I dont get the black as it is harsh and feels like it is sitting right on your forhead like really really big eyebrows!
    you chose so very well

January 27th, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

I hear ya Abby! But I think they are actually dark green. Which in that room which the ceiling seems pretty tall, works for me. But I could imagine if they were lower it wouldn’t work.

9. Steve
    January 27th, 2011 @ 9:04 pm

love, Love, LOVE the greens. Especially with the red carpets. Can’t wait to see all that molding painted.

10. FancyHouseRoad
    January 27th, 2011 @ 11:53 pm

The painted molding is gorgeous. I can’t wait to see what you come up with! I just found your blog a few days ago and am loving it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Keighley@fancyhouseroad

11. Emily O.
    January 28th, 2011 @ 6:04 pm

Wow! You have extraordinary taste.

12. fineartistmade
    January 30th, 2011 @ 9:06 am

Will be gorgeous – you can’t go wrong with natural colors!

13. Lauren Gries
    January 31st, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

Love this post! I painted my living room shades of green because I was inspired by the different shades of green moldings in Marie Antionette’s Petit Trianon. http://fourthfloorwalkup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/PT-kitchen.jpg

14. Nathan
    April 24th, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

Check out Paris Rain from Benjamin Moore

15. Dorothy
    February 2nd, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

It’s been very nice to see the progress of your home. It’s just beautiful!