Spots of Holiday

Posted on | December 27, 2010 | 18 Comments

I tried to transform my second floor living space from 2 x 4 storage space into an actual dining and living room for the holidays. I set up a tree, made a homemade wreath for my kitchen and decorated my mantels with extra tree trimmings. It was nice to clean up the house and do some fun crafty projects. Above and below shots from around the house. Merry Christmas!

Working on Macaroni Snowflakes
Outdoor Holiday Decorations
Holiday Doors In Beacon Hill

Comments

18 Responses to “Spots of Holiday”

1. Rachel from Love a la Mode
    December 27th, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

Very pretty and festive!
    Bisous,
    Rachel
    lovealamode.wordpress.com

2. cottagefarm
    December 27th, 2010 @ 2:46 pm

ah so gorgeous. i love that whale stenciled on the back of the chair in the first shot. did you do that? its great!

hope your having a fun snow day too~

3. Sally Mae
    December 27th, 2010 @ 2:51 pm

Your home is seriously amazing! I love your simple decor and seeing you make the most of your space. It’s actually very lovely stripped down, but I could imagine it would be frustrating at times too. Happy holidays and I look forward to following your journey in the new year!

4. emerson merrick
    December 27th, 2010 @ 2:57 pm

Love it, Katy!

5. christina
    December 27th, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

Beautiful! Simple and beautiful!

6. mopar
    December 27th, 2010 @ 4:14 pm

Wow, it looks absolutely amazing. I love the details in that first shot. Are those white curlique things in the corner of the fireplace part of the mantle or did you add that? Love them and the andirons (?) and the stenciled whale and everything.

Everything looks gorgeous!

We spent some time today re-taping the plastic covering our windows. The wind was so strong in New York it ripped some of the plastic and tape. It was very cold in here for a few hours this afternoon. :)

7. Vesna
    December 28th, 2010 @ 10:59 am

It’s all gorgeous! I wish I could see more of that tree skirt, it’s so lovely!!

December 28th, 2010 @ 12:27 pm

Mopar,

The white curliques were here when we bought the house. The mantel should not have a shelf at all it should just be a two paneled board. I’ll have to remove it eventually or come up with another solution.

9. moparbrownstoner
    December 28th, 2010 @ 3:02 pm

Interesting! Well, I have to say I like it, even if it is not completely historically correct, ha :)

10. christina
    December 28th, 2010 @ 3:04 pm

I loved driving by your house last night, in all the snow. I looked up and saw your tree and second floor lit up. Lovely to see from the outside, after seeing your blog entry.
    You two are doing an absolutely amazing job. It is way more than a labor of love!!!!! You are doing Olde Towne a great deed, saving your house. Hang in there….

December 28th, 2010 @ 5:35 pm

aw thanks christina for the support!

12. Desiree
    December 28th, 2010 @ 11:29 pm

beautiful. all of it!

13. christie chase
    December 29th, 2010 @ 12:30 am

I love your macaroni snowflakes! They’d look so cute tied to a gift…..ahh next xmas.

Happy Warm & Toasty Holidays!

14. Abbey
    December 29th, 2010 @ 8:53 am

THIS IS INCREDIBLE! I love your taste and joie de vie.

15. Genevieve Woodford
    December 29th, 2010 @ 8:38 pm

I’m interested by the sliver of a fabulous blue and white picture in your first photograph – is it a screen print, or lino print? I’d love to see more!

16. shanna
    January 2nd, 2011 @ 3:29 pm

I love how beautifully rustic your living space is especially the wall that has the lamp and table in front of it. I see you’re doing some renovations so that’ll probably change soon but it truly is charming just how it is:)

Blessings,
    Shanna

January 2nd, 2011 @ 10:49 pm
    January 2nd, 2011 @ 10:51 pm

Shanna!

We plan to keep the house rustic. I’m trying to keep all the horse hair plastered walls but that wall needs to be patched and maybe skim coated. It’s a balance of maintaining and preserving.