Snowy Monday

Posted on | December 27, 2010 | 16 Comments

We an amazing winter blizzard the last 24 hours. The snow and high winds have continued tonight shaking my house and kicking my heat on every 10 minutes, ug. The snow is really heavy and a lot of the trees in my neighborhood broke over night from the weight.

The front of my house got completely plowed in, literally. I actually can’t believe they didn’t hit my house. My poor boxwoods were nowhere to found this morning. I tried shoveling a path in front of them and removing all the snow around them. I think it’s a cookie making kinda night…stay warm!

Snowy Weekend Snapshots
Winter Beach Photos
Outdoor Holiday Decorations

Comments

16 Responses to “Snowy Monday”

1. chelsea
    December 27th, 2010 @ 6:22 pm

wow!! it’s all so pretty! merry christmas!

2. Berit
    December 27th, 2010 @ 6:42 pm

Winter wonderland. Looks just like Norway :) Beautiful !

3. Cotehele
    December 27th, 2010 @ 6:50 pm

It is beautiful. But, I feel your pain. The boxwood sack covers were so cute. So sorry they are gone. I remember a winter ice storm a few years ago that took down many trees and tree limbs. It felt like something was cut out of me. Somehow nature recovers. You will too, hang in there. What kind of cookies are you making?

December 27th, 2010 @ 7:33 pm
  5. Susan
    December 27th, 2010 @ 9:02 pm

Wow…gorgeous! Merry Christmas to you & yours!

6. Jill
    December 27th, 2010 @ 9:54 pm

That sure looks cold! Baking cookies will help keep
    the house warm. Chocolate-Espresso Snowcaps look
    intriguing. Tell us how they turnout.

7. liane
    December 28th, 2010 @ 7:38 am

i hear you re. the heat kicking in every ten minutes. sometimes it seems it turns off then 2 seconds later is on again!

8. OneKindWordProject
    December 28th, 2010 @ 10:10 am

Wow, you’re town certainly looks charming covered by snow!

9. Cotehele
    December 28th, 2010 @ 11:24 am

Yummy! We love anything chocolate-to a fault.
    Cookies, coffee, snuggle by the fire-what snow??
    Enjoy :-)

10. moparbrownstoner
    December 28th, 2010 @ 3:00 pm

So pretty!

11. Lindsay
    December 28th, 2010 @ 11:13 pm

Ah your house looks so wonderful…
    Every season you post about makes me want to drop life in California and move to your coast pronto! Stay warm!

12. Karen
    December 28th, 2010 @ 11:43 pm

Love your whale chair!

13. Chris
    December 29th, 2010 @ 10:31 am

love all the snow-covered wreaths, so cozy! enjoy your baking:)

14. katrina
    December 29th, 2010 @ 11:31 am

I just found your website and I LOVE it! I have to share a quick story about boxwoods with you. We had a storm one night and a huge old tree across the street from our house fell, landed on, and smashed the rear-end of my new car and the front of my husbands car. I yelled for my husband to look and his immediate response was, “My God, my boxwoods!!!!” See, the tree also fell on part of a ring of miniature boxwoods he had planted around a tree on our parkstrip. I will be back to view more…love your blog!!!

15. Steve @ UrbanCottage
    December 31st, 2010 @ 12:34 pm

Just catching up on your last few posts. Your Christmas mantel is totally charming. Also love the photos of the snow plastered to all the houses. You were smart to cover your boxwoods; mine are totally splayed out. Happy New Year! Steve

16. Jennifer
    January 16th, 2011 @ 8:05 pm

Just happened upon your site while looking for hammam towels of all things…my husband and I bought an early 1700s home in Pickering Wharf (just across the harbor). The pics of your interior are intriguing! As is your site. We are renovating ours slowly (especially with a toddler, two small dogs, and two full-time jobs). We ripped down our living room ceiling when we moved in over three years ago, and it is still so wonderful to look at. The main beam was recycled, and has many markings on it, which mystifies a couple of experts who’ve seen it. Just before my daughter was born, we finished a two-room/stairwell reno all done by my husband’s hands which yielded a cathedral ceiling and now shows off the gorgeous beams overhead. Tell me more about your house!

Jen