Back To Green Molding

Posted on | October 28, 2010 | 10 Comments

IMG 0187 Back To Green Molding

I’m back to thinking about painting my molding green in then den. Yes, we have a few other tentative projects that may finally be taking shape (if you follow me on twitter) but talking about paint is way more fun.

The molding conversation has been going on for over a year now? I’m seriously not that indecisive but other things are holding me up from painting the room. I am waiting to get my chimneys, electric, and possibly the ceiling rehung before I paint. I’ve had a lot of time to think about colors and test out every green paint under the sun. I forget about the project for months and then I come back to it after seeing an amazing green room in a magazine or in a house in Marblehead.

Last weekend a friend and I stopped into the Marblehead Arts Association. The first floor gallery as this amazing molding painted a sage green. I’ve stared at this room a hundred times this past summer…seeing the room paired with stripped floors really seals the deal for me. I want to paint my molding green!

I don’t want to do my walls as white but a little creamier. My two favorite greens are Farrow & Balls’s Cooking Apple Green and Verte De Terre. Below snapshots of the gallery from my iphone and a shot of the room in question.

IMG 0189 Back To Green Molding
4295689870 6e8a391230 Back To Green Molding

What Color Do I Paint The Molding?
Ordering Sample Paint Pots
Green Paint Samples on Wall

pixel Back To Green Molding

Comments

10 Responses to “Back To Green Molding”

1. Shoshana @ Adventures of a Future Housewife
    October 28th, 2010 @ 12:53 pm

I am in love with the green. It is such a nice, unique feature to a room. And you can never go wrong with Farrow & Ball. I sometimes just have them send me wallpaper samples to keep for my home inspiration journal…

2. christine {bijouandboheme}
    October 28th, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

I think your house could totally carry green moldings- I have toyed with the idea of painting some of mine as well but for some reason, painting moldings scares me- weird because I’m not at all afraid of colour or loud prints- I think the green would be really stunning in that room.

3. Susan
    October 28th, 2010 @ 3:27 pm

Yes…absolutely…love the green. It fits with your home and era, and is so beautiful and elegant.

4. Erin
    October 28th, 2010 @ 3:46 pm

I LOVE the green. Go for it!

5. Ashley
    October 28th, 2010 @ 4:07 pm

I’m echoing the comments of your other readers when I say, “Go for it!” The green really complements the age of your home and will highlight the detail of the trim in your den. It seems like you are surrounded by the most lovely colonial inspiration in Marblehead–how lucky!

6. Josephine
    October 28th, 2010 @ 8:03 pm

I think the green would look amazing in your room. If it was me I’d do it! I like your idea of painting the walls a cream rather than white as well.

October 30th, 2010 @ 5:18 pm

LOVE this choice!

8. jen jafarzadeh
    November 3rd, 2010 @ 10:28 am

hooray! I’ve been a fan of the green molding from the beginning. Your room is going to look amazing.

9. Sofie from Envelop.eu
    November 5th, 2010 @ 12:52 pm

love the green. even with a little more mint in it, it would look nice i guess…

10. Lynn
    November 6th, 2010 @ 5:24 pm

I am besotted with a pale sage, dunegrassy grey-green (much like this) – to my great surprise, as I am a blue person – and have been searching for the right colour for months, in matte, for the sitting/dining room walls. Our home is venerable, like yours, and deserves perfect. I finally found it, I think, in The Little Greene’s Pearl Colour, or maybe the mid-Pearl Colour.
    My husband is breathing a sigh of relief.