Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour

Posted on | September 23, 2010 | 10 Comments

farrow Ball living with colour cover Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour

Are you a big fan of Farrow & Ball paints and English country style like me? Released this month Farrow & Ball Living with Colour by Ros Byam Shaw, Ryland Peters & Small, $40, is jammed packed with colors to inspire from modern apartments to country homes. Best part of it all? Every interior shown gives Farrow & Ball paint color reference. Of course remember through the printing process colors change so always purchase a sample pot and test the paint on your own walls before choosing a color.

Above and below just a few of my favorite interiors. I realized after I pulled all the photos together that the colors are all really similar which is not the case with the book but just my personal preference. I love earthy greens and browns.

The first interior below is from Ben Pentreath’s country house. Remember him? He has a great shop in London and his apartment appeared in Shaw’s other book: Perfect English. I have a total crush on his design style.

The bathroom has become my favorite new inspiration—great color and love the sill. Want that kitchen, the plaid sofa, and how romantic is that molding painted ‘Calke Green’? Beautiful. Enjoy!

Photographs by Jan Baldwin courtesy of Ryland Peters & Small.

082 083 RPS1343 Pent LvngRm Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour

140 RPS1343 Hwrd BthSnk Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour

138 139 RPS1343 Dyson LvngRm Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour
149 RPS1343 Crtr Kitchen Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour

114 RPS1343 Ellery LivingRm Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour
018 019 RPS1343 PlnLdn DngRm Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour

Book: Country By Jasper Conran
Book: Restoring A House In The City
Peek: Verte De Terre on Den Molding

pixel Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour

Comments

10 Responses to “Book: Farrow & Ball Living With Colour”

1. UrbanCottage
    September 23rd, 2010 @ 2:07 pm

I’m so glad you posted this; I had no idea that we could get Farrow & Ball paint around here. They have some really beautiful (and expen$ive) wallpapers too. The photos you showed have colors that feel very historic and perfect for your house.

2. Anonymous
    September 23rd, 2010 @ 3:09 pm

I was wondering if you’ve heard of another high caliber English company called Fired Earth (http://www.firedearth.com/) that is primarily a tile company but with wonderful historic ties. It may provide more inspiration. Their paints include the National Trust Paint Collection.

3. fineartistmade
    September 24th, 2010 @ 8:59 am

Gorgeous – love their natural colors

4. little pink room
    September 24th, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

Lovely. I love Perfect English and Ben P’s bloomsbury flat. I’m off to get that F&B book now! Aoife x

5. Susan
    September 25th, 2010 @ 8:47 am

I just got this book…love! I am a big fan of their colors and quality.

6. Concha
    September 26th, 2010 @ 2:21 pm

This looks like an amazing book! I must add this to my wishlist… I love F&B muted, understated, chic colours!

7. Josephine
    September 26th, 2010 @ 9:23 pm

I went to B&N today since they had this book. It’s great and has a lot of wonderful ideas. Lots of painted stairs and radiators in the rooms that you don’t get from your average decorating book. Definitely a must have for someone with an old house who enjoys either a muted or historic color scheme. Thanks for letting everyone know about it Katy!

8. Rachel
    September 30th, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

Thanks for sharing these – I think you’ve now convinced me that I should get this book. Maybe a Christmas present??
    We’re considering “Calke Green” for our study, so it’s great to see a room view of it.

9. Sarahbeth
    October 1st, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

I need that cream plaid sofa. Need it. You have now given me a new obsession. Magazines, fingernail polish, coffee and that couch. Whew!

10. Vanya
    November 11th, 2010 @ 5:42 pm

Just got this book into my shop hope & glory, oh it is so beautiful! I was drooling over the wisteria wallpaper printed in the end pages just for a start – swoon!

Thanks for the heads up that this wonderful book was out Katie :)