Lobster Rolls Delivered From Maine

Posted on | July 16, 2010 | 11 Comments

DSC 3324 Lobster Rolls Delivered From Maine

If you can’t make it to Maine you can get lobster rolls delivered. I chuckled this morning to find a delivery from Bayley’s Lobster Pound at my sister’s doorstep in Westchester at 9 am (I’m in NY this week for work). I had no idea they were coming. Inside the box was fresh whoopie pies, rolls, and lobster meat for six. Amazing and so fancy, right?

I found out she’s having a cocktail party tomorrow night. Who doesn’t love to be treated to real lobster? The roll is the key. I can never find the right roll outside Maine. I know my grandmother is reading this and laughing too–she lives down the street from Bayley’s. If you want to make authentic whoopie pies without paying for overnight delivery check out me and my grandmother making a batch last summer. For more info on lobster delivery contact Bayley’s in Maine here. Have a great weekend!

p.s. I added photos from the party below. It was lobster themed with lobster plates, napkins, and decor. How cute does my sister look in her lobster necklace. Perfect summer party!

Bayley’s Lobster Pound
9 Avenue 6
Scarborough, Maine
(800) 932-6456

DSC 3313 Lobster Rolls Delivered From Maine
DSC 3318 Lobster Rolls Delivered From Maine
DSC 3348 Lobster Rolls Delivered From Maine
DSC 3354 Lobster Rolls Delivered From Maine

Recipe: Real Maine Whoopie Pies
Maine Road Trip

pixel Lobster Rolls Delivered From Maine

Comments

11 Responses to “Lobster Rolls Delivered From Maine”

1. dallas
    July 16th, 2010 @ 11:25 am

just sent link to my mom, she is obsessed with lobster rolls. what we both want to know is, why can’t you find top sliced rolls outside of new england? it’s a tragedy. everything is better on a top sliced roll.

ps
    nice kitchen sis.

2. Julieann/CreateGirl
    July 16th, 2010 @ 11:37 am

Perfect Summer treat!! Have fun!

3. jen jafarzadeh
    July 16th, 2010 @ 2:13 pm

so true about the rolls! Same goes for Maine’s famous Italian sandwiches. I don’t know why it is, but you can’t get that soft kind of bread anywhere else.

4. Tessa
    July 16th, 2010 @ 2:53 pm

When we lived in Boston we used to drive up to Maine just to eat the lobster rolls. mmmmm… The Massachusetts ones are good too but not AS good and they always seem to have too much mayo!. :)

5. Rosa
    July 16th, 2010 @ 5:06 pm

OMG. The only thing I miss about Maine is the contents in that box. Thanks for sharing the info. I think Hubby and I will buy one and recapture our years living in Maine. Yay!

6. Goodharbormary
    July 18th, 2010 @ 6:52 am

Have u been to The Lobster Pool in Rockport MA? I bet u’ll love their Lobster Rolls and u certainly can’t beat the view. BYOB and bring your own tablecloth and cAndles too. We just had friends from Marblehead there and they loved it! Make sure to also check out the new Market Restaurant in Annisquam. Yummmy….and another unbeatable view!

7. Mary
    July 19th, 2010 @ 2:01 pm

A very perfect summer party!

8. Erin
    July 19th, 2010 @ 8:39 pm

Massachusetts lobster rules! Please support our local fishermen, who also abide by the strictest on the east coast regarding whale-safe fishing gear.

9. Patsy
    July 20th, 2010 @ 10:48 am

I grew up in Westchester and we had top split rolls, maybe that was in the olden days, lol!

http://www.patriotlobster.com – Salem, MA, also delivers all over the country, no whoopie pies, though :-(

10. Catherine
    August 6th, 2010 @ 8:08 pm

How fab to be able to have lobster rolls delivered to your door.

11. elizabeth
    September 9th, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

that’s AWESOME! not only are lobster rolls fresh from maine delicious, but they throw in whoopie pies to top it off???

Love your blog fellow new england renovator ; )