Day 1: Chimney Rebuild

Posted on | July 21, 2010 | 6 Comments

Last night, we had our first Hysterical Society (historical) meeting. It went well. They liked our brick selection but asked that we replace the chimney to the exact width and height of the existing structure. Above photos of us (well greg) waiting for the meeting to begin at Abbot Hall. They also gave me props for my garden as we were walking out. I guess everyone knows our house?

Today our mason set up scaffolding on the back side of the house, supports on the roof, and brought over the bricks. Setting up the scaffolding looked like a pain in the ass job. I was thankful I didn’t have to do it.

Tomorrow the old chimney comes down. I’m hoping to shoot some fun video. Stay tuned….

Starting Chimney Rebuild
Getting Estimates For Chimney Repair

Comments

6 Responses to “Day 1: Chimney Rebuild”

July 21st, 2010 @ 3:47 pm

Yay! Can’t wait to see more.

2. Emily
    July 21st, 2010 @ 9:13 pm

don’t hate on historic district commissions – they do really important work! :)

July 21st, 2010 @ 9:23 pm

I don’t hate them! I’m just poking fun at what everyone in town calls them.

4. Michelle
    July 22nd, 2010 @ 8:20 am

YEah! Starting big projects like this is so fun, it makes you feel like you are actually making progress doesn’t it! We tried having our chimney fixed a few times, eventually we had to have the whole thing removed. Yikes. Good luck.

5. Patsy
    July 22nd, 2010 @ 10:43 am

Spirit of 76! :-)

Good luck!

6. Brittany Noel
    July 22nd, 2010 @ 3:34 pm

Woah, that scaffolding does look like a pain to put up. Can’t wait to see images of the bricklaying and such.