Pink Ombre Lupine

Posted on | May 27, 2010 | 10 Comments

I’m totally in love with this lupine blooming in my garden. Doesn’t it look ombre? I love how the light petal pink blends to a darker hot pink. So pretty!

Garden Progress: Mid-May
Putting in Boxwoods
Zinc Planter, Hosta, and Solomon Seal

Comments

10 Responses to “Pink Ombre Lupine”

1. kathryn
    May 27th, 2010 @ 12:46 pm

beautiful photo of something so perfect from nature. love the table ideas in your last post. there are so many cute antique iron tables too that might be nice with mismatch iron chairs and cushions.

May 27th, 2010 @ 1:08 pm

Very beautiful! Mum has many of these in her garden at home and seeing them here made me miss her garden immensely!

3. Seraphima
    May 27th, 2010 @ 1:41 pm

My Lupines are blooming over here in Ipswich as well. One of my favorites and they look beautiful with the Irises and peonies. Do you know the book Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney? My all time favorite book. She gives back by planting Lupine seeds!

4. Kate F.
    May 27th, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

Weird, for the second time in 24 hours I am reminded of one of my favorite picture books, Miss Rumphius. I think you’d probably get a lot of inspiration out of the gorgeous drawings, many of which are in a sea-port town in the late 19th century. There are also great travel scenes and a picture in a hothouse that is seared on my brain for all eternity. Miss Rumphius becomes known as “The Lupine Lady” because she sows seeds all over around where she lives, to make the world more beautiful. Sounds cheesy but you have to check it out.

5. Erica
    May 27th, 2010 @ 7:13 pm

Gorgeous plant and photo! You have such a gorgeous blog, it’s making me want to move back to the New England area.

6. Marleen
    May 31st, 2010 @ 9:46 am

I love this flower, i got them in my garden too, blooming for the first time; light and dark pink. I want to try to find other colours ..blues and purple.. STUNNING !
    Take care!

7. Anna
    May 31st, 2010 @ 10:13 am

Beautiful, indeed! Lupine always makes me think of Barbara Cooney’s wonderful story about Miss Rumphius, the “lupine lady.” And just now as I write this, I see that another of your readers was on the same wavelength!

8. Debbie
    June 3rd, 2010 @ 10:36 pm

Stunning picture of the Pink Lupine. I have a lot of the purple lupine but I am looking for the hot pink. This flower makes for a beautiful garden. I also have a border of it growing along my property, and I get a lot of comments on how beautiful it looks. Any idea as to where I can get the hot pink Lupine? If so please let me know. Thank you

9. Stephanie
    June 7th, 2010 @ 12:04 pm

Our Lupins are blooming too. Where my mum is from they spell it Lupin and not Lupine which really confuses some people as our little hobby farm is called Lupin Farm because we’re in an area where Lupin’s often grow wild. We have purple/white, yellow and pink in the garden by our garden fence and last year the purple/white one was the size of yours.. now it is easily 4 times that size with probably close to 20 flower spikes!! Once they get going, they go absolutely bonkers and spread and look wonderful.

10. Julieann/CreateGirl
    June 10th, 2010 @ 8:37 pm

oh my this is so beautiful! I have never seen anything like it! This is going right in the someday folder…when I actually have a garden!