Bark Mulch, Flag, and Planter

Posted on | May 28, 2010 | 8 Comments

Front Door Container

Yeah! I’m all done with work for the week. I hope everyone is wrapping up their work and getting ready to relax for the long Memorial Day weekend. Have you ever tried this beer called, Pork Slap Pale Ale (available at Haley’s in mhead)? Greg and I are both loving it and who doesn’t love to drink a beer with two pigs belly slapping on it? Ok maybe you don’t but it’s funny nonetheless.

My mulch came this afternoon. I ordered 2 yards, not sure if that was too much or not? I ran outside to do some test spreading but then I got tired. You gotta take things slow on a holiday weekend, right? Above and below photos of the garden, mulch, my zinc planter, and our new flag— which is hung bizarrely high; I’ll have to move the bracket.

Have a great long weekend. Next week I’ll return with some fun summer potluck recipes. I’m the queen of cold side salads! Make some Maine Whoopie Pies or a Rhubarb Galette to tied yourself over; both are pretty darn delicious for a summery weekend.

2 yards of mulch
Putting In Mulch in Shade Garden
Putting In Mulch in Shade Garden
Mulch Going In
New Betsy Ross Flag

Pink Ombre Lupine
Long Table For Outdoors
Putting in Boxwoods

Comments

8 Responses to “Bark Mulch, Flag, and Planter”

1. Elizabeth
    May 28th, 2010 @ 8:50 pm

It feels strange to say this, but… your mulch is gorgeous! Your plants look so bright and neat on that dark backdrop. Your garden looks very healthy!

2. Grace
    May 28th, 2010 @ 10:49 pm

Your gardens and urn are looking gorgeous. Have a great weekend and take the garden work slowly or you will pay for it.

3. mopar
    May 29th, 2010 @ 7:45 pm

Good for you, all festive for Memorial Day. My neighbors are all outside barbequeing. Smells amazing. I shoulda bought a smoker for this great occasion.

4. Doreen
    May 30th, 2010 @ 12:17 pm

Your garden looks wonderful especially your urn!!!

May 30th, 2010 @ 6:00 pm

Your garden looks beautiful! Hope you’re enjoying your long weekend and savouring some of that beauty!

6. Barbara Rocha
    May 31st, 2010 @ 6:40 am

So were the two yards enough?
    Garden looks lovely, fresh weed free!
    Have a great Monday!

June 1st, 2010 @ 9:43 am

fyi two yards is too much. I donated a bunch of it to neighbor’s gardens. One more place to fill and hopefully it will be all gone!

8. Mary
    June 1st, 2010 @ 4:10 pm

Everything is turning out so nice! I love the dark soil.