Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

Posted on | April 30, 2010 | 14 Comments

4565128757 8a640e15e6 Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

It’s spring and rhubarb is in season. I love rhubarb with or on just about anything; last spring I made rhubarb crumb bars which were amazing. Yesterday afternoon I made individual strawberry rhubarb galettes using Martha Stewart’s cornmeal crust recipe. A galette is similar to a pie but more rustic. They turned out beautifully and super delicious. In hindsight I made them a little too big. I got four out of one crust recipe. I think the proportions would work better for 6.

I didn’t really follow a recipe. I’ve made galettes a hundred times so I kinda just threw it all in a bowl. Here’s where I got the idea to make them individually and another galette recipe and how to video on marthastewart.com. Enjoy!

4565128185 e908918606 Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

4565128505 a0c73eebe7 Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

Recipe: Rhubarb Crumb Bars
Recipe: Making Challah
Recipe: Brioche

pixel Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

Comments

14 Responses to “Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes”

1. mopar
    April 30th, 2010 @ 11:07 am

I have always wanted to make a gallette. I have never even tasted one, but they look so delicious.

April 30th, 2010 @ 11:19 am

I have some rhubarb at home waiting to fulfill its destiny. I think this might be it!

3. Amy Sherman
    April 30th, 2010 @ 11:41 am

Yours are even more gorgeous than mine! Brava for not using a recipe. This is absolutely the kind of thing to do by feel.

4. jennie
    April 30th, 2010 @ 11:55 am

those look absolutely perfect.

5. Lori D.
    April 30th, 2010 @ 1:23 pm

Hmm, will have to try a strawberry rhubarb galette. My grandmother made the best S-W pies. They were just sweet/tart enough to make you drool. Seriously!

6. Polly
    April 30th, 2010 @ 1:37 pm

Oh do those look good, all the pictures of the food you bake makes my mouth water ! Have you ever considered a career in cooking, I know there is no time with the house renovation, maybe after ?

April 30th, 2010 @ 2:10 pm

Polly,

Maybe? After the house I would love to start a family, then maybe have a store, and then maybe a restaurant but only if someone else who is a trained chef would do it with me!

Oh and I would to go to grad school for painting….

8. Taryn
    April 30th, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

Oh my, these look delicious! Funny, I just bought some rhubarb with no idea in mind of what to do with it. Perfect you should post this.

9. chelsea
    April 30th, 2010 @ 10:54 pm

These are beautiful!! I love Rhubarb and I love your food photos.

10. kathryn
    May 1st, 2010 @ 4:25 pm

any fruit wrapped snugly and baked in dough is heavenly. this looks amazing and might inspire me to actually try cooking with rhubarb. thanks.

11. tracy Wilkinson
    May 3rd, 2010 @ 11:45 am

Rhubarb seems to grow like a weed in Yorkshire, where I grew up. Here in LA it is hard to get and I miss those rhubarb pies.
    We used to eat it raw and dip it in sugar too (still made you wince a bit)
    Thanks for posting these – they made my mouth water

xxt

12. fric and frac
    May 4th, 2010 @ 1:55 am

I adore rhubarb! Those galettes look amazing!
    Jen
    Fric and Frac

13. little pink room
    May 4th, 2010 @ 7:32 am

Hi Katy. This is my second or third visit to your blog. I have enjoyed looking at your archives so much. It’s uncanny how your taste in interiors is so similar to mine. I shall be back many times in the future. I wondered if you’ve ever read a magazine called The English Home (http://www.theenglishhome.co.uk/), it’s one of my favourites. I think you’d really enjoy it. A x

14. Lisa
    November 7th, 2012 @ 4:49 am

I cant wait to try this!