Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

Posted on | April 30, 2010 | 14 Comments

Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

It’s spring and rhubarb is in season. I love rhubarb with or on just about anything; last spring I made rhubarb crumb bars which were amazing. Yesterday afternoon I made individual strawberry rhubarb galettes using Martha Stewart’s cornmeal crust recipe. A galette is similar to a pie but more rustic. They turned out beautifully and super delicious. In hindsight I made them a little too big. I got four out of one crust recipe. I think the proportions would work better for 6.

I didn’t really follow a recipe. I’ve made galettes a hundred times so I kinda just threw it all in a bowl. Here’s where I got the idea to make them individually and another galette recipe and how to video on marthastewart.com. Enjoy!

Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes

Recipe: Rhubarb Crumb Bars
Recipe: Making Challah
Recipe: Brioche

14 Responses to “Individual Strawberry Rhubarb Galettes”

1. mopar
    April 30th, 2010 @ 11:07 am

I have always wanted to make a gallette. I have never even tasted one, but they look so delicious.

April 30th, 2010 @ 11:19 am

I have some rhubarb at home waiting to fulfill its destiny. I think this might be it!

3. Amy Sherman
    April 30th, 2010 @ 11:41 am

Yours are even more gorgeous than mine! Brava for not using a recipe. This is absolutely the kind of thing to do by feel.

4. jennie
    April 30th, 2010 @ 11:55 am

those look absolutely perfect.

5. Lori D.
    April 30th, 2010 @ 1:23 pm

Hmm, will have to try a strawberry rhubarb galette. My grandmother made the best S-W pies. They were just sweet/tart enough to make you drool. Seriously!

6. Polly
    April 30th, 2010 @ 1:37 pm

Oh do those look good, all the pictures of the food you bake makes my mouth water ! Have you ever considered a career in cooking, I know there is no time with the house renovation, maybe after ?

April 30th, 2010 @ 2:10 pm

Maybe? After the house I would love to start a family, then maybe have a store, and then maybe a restaurant but only if someone else who is a trained chef would do it with me!

Oh and I would to go to grad school for painting….

8. Taryn
    April 30th, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

Oh my, these look delicious! Funny, I just bought some rhubarb with no idea in mind of what to do with it. Perfect you should post this.

9. chelsea
    April 30th, 2010 @ 10:54 pm

These are beautiful!! I love Rhubarb and I love your food photos.

10. kathryn
    May 1st, 2010 @ 4:25 pm

any fruit wrapped snugly and baked in dough is heavenly. this looks amazing and might inspire me to actually try cooking with rhubarb. thanks.

11. tracy Wilkinson
    May 3rd, 2010 @ 11:45 am

Rhubarb seems to grow like a weed in Yorkshire, where I grew up. Here in LA it is hard to get and I miss those rhubarb pies.
    We used to eat it raw and dip it in sugar too (still made you wince a bit)
    Thanks for posting these – they made my mouth water

12. fric and frac
    May 4th, 2010 @ 1:55 am

I adore rhubarb! Those galettes look amazing!
    Fric and Frac

13. little pink room
    May 4th, 2010 @ 7:32 am

Hi Katy. This is my second or third visit to your blog. I have enjoyed looking at your archives so much. It’s uncanny how your taste in interiors is so similar to mine. I shall be back many times in the future. I wondered if you’ve ever read a magazine called The English Home (http://www.theenglishhome.co.uk/), it’s one of my favourites. I think you’d really enjoy it. A x

14. Lisa
    November 7th, 2012 @ 4:49 am

I cant wait to try this!