Book: Scandinavian Needlecraft

Posted on | April 5, 2010 | 12 Comments

9781907030222 Book: Scandinavian Needlecraft

I’ve been thinking a lot about handwork ever since I spotted these gorgeous sheets over at Toast. The sheets are pretty outstanding and I think it would probably take me years to create something that beautiful.

I came across Scandinavian Needlecraft by Clare Youngs (CICO Books) a book containing 35 step-by-step sewing projects. How freakin cute are those pillow, stockings, slippers? The book contains 33 more that will have you ordering embroidery supplies as soon you finish flipping through the book. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to embroider all the knots are outlined in the back of the book with detailed illustrations. Seriously how great would any of these projects be as holiday gifts?

Maybe once I make a few of the projects I can embroider a pair of sheets or maybe just pillows? The heart pillows are sooo cute. Purchase the book now through amazon.com for $19.95.

Heart Pillow From Scandinavian Needlecraft Book: Scandinavian Needlecraft

christmas stockings from Scandinavian Needlecraft Book: Scandinavian Needlecraft

Slippers from Scandinavian Needlecraft Book: Scandinavian Needlecraft

Disclaimer: CICO Books did send me this book for free. But I honestly do love the book and I honestly couldn’t wait to share it with my readers.

Martha Stewart’s Encyclopedia of Crafts Book
Restoring A House In The City
Cross Stitch and Embroidery

pixel Book: Scandinavian Needlecraft

Comments

12 Responses to “Book: Scandinavian Needlecraft”

1. emilie
    April 5th, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

Looks like a lot of fun to do. Are the steps easy to follow (like for a french speaking person)? Feel free to answer me by email

April 5th, 2010 @ 4:59 pm

I think you could understand projects. Each step shows has an illustration. The instructions are short. If you had problems it would be easy to translate.

3. evencleveland
    April 5th, 2010 @ 6:19 pm

You could do a set of sheets like that, no problem, and I don’t think it would take terribly long. After all, you have conquered cables!

4. iris
    April 5th, 2010 @ 7:10 pm

*drool*
    Seriously.

And thanks for being so honest ;)

5. Ashley
    April 5th, 2010 @ 7:29 pm

I love the stockings. I embroidered a plain red felt tree skirt (purchased for $2) and I loved having the project to help me unwind during the busy holiday season.

Please share your projects when you finish!

April 5th, 2010 @ 7:31 pm

Oh I will. I have a few knitting projects going right now. But I’ll probably start one of these this summer for holiday gifts and for me. Probably for me first.

There are these amazing Swedish folk looking mittens in the book I would love to make for my nieces.

7. Vanya
    April 5th, 2010 @ 8:21 pm

just adorable and YAY you a free book – result! :)

8. Mandy
    April 6th, 2010 @ 2:00 am

That heart cushion is so divine, lovely post.

9. lisa
    April 6th, 2010 @ 9:26 am

Those projects look super sweet.

10. Emma
    April 6th, 2010 @ 11:06 pm

these make me want to start sewing…maybe if i start now i will have something presentable for the holidays!

11. Marilena
    June 25th, 2011 @ 8:40 am

Really amasing!

12. Marilena
    June 25th, 2011 @ 8:44 am

I just remembered that there are some unique pieces on needlecraft pillows on: http://www.etsy.com/shop/allsquare .I hope that is useful to you..