Pleated Slipcover, Cable Pillow and Linen Crewel

Posted on | March 27, 2010 | 13 Comments

I was down in New York for a few days this week. I have a few fun fabric resources to share but let’s start with this sweet slipcovered wing chair I spotted in my sister’s bedroom. My sister scored the chair at a tag sale for around $20 and then had it slipcovered in white cotton duck with decorative pleats. The chair is a nice little reading spot in her bedroom and the pleats give it a little femininity that I love.

Check out the adorable handknit gray pillow my sister got for her birthday from her very clever crafting friend and fellow home renovator, Emily. Gray is a great contrast against the white upholstery. Maybe I’ll make gray cable pillows for my bed instead of white? Below my sister’s bed with some beautiful vintage fabrics she has scored at fleamarkets turned into pillows. I have about 3 yards of the linen crewel I might make into Euro size pillows for my bed too!

p.s. the paint on the walls is Grey Timber Wolf by Benjamin Moore.

My Sister’s Living Room
Linen for Tufted Headboard, Bench, and Side Chair
John Derian: Upholstered Chairs

Comments

13 Responses to “Pleated Slipcover, Cable Pillow and Linen Crewel”

1. Ann S.
    March 27th, 2010 @ 10:46 am

On this subject, you would love this blog – http://www.inthefunlane.com/

2. Natalie
    March 27th, 2010 @ 11:06 am

Oooh it’s all so lovely! If you don’t mind me asking, how much did it cost to have the chair slipcovered?

P.S. Be sure to enter my first GIVEAWAY! :)

March 27th, 2010 @ 11:08 am

My sister said she spent $200 plus the fabric. She is in Westchester, NY. Hope that helps!

4. Jennifer
    March 27th, 2010 @ 12:56 pm

LOVE that chair!!!! And the gray looks so nice with the mustard-y yellow!

5. iris
    March 27th, 2010 @ 2:47 pm

Oh, the cable pillow is wonderful! And so much less commitment than a full-on sweater!

The chair slipcover looks pretty sweet, too.

6. Brittany Noel
    March 27th, 2010 @ 8:14 pm

I love knitted pillows. As soon as I can knit again, I think I’ll make a whole bunch of them! Can’t wait to see yours, Katy. I can’t believe how hast you’ve picked up knitting!

7. Mopar
    March 27th, 2010 @ 9:25 pm

$20 for that chair at a tag sale — was the tag sale in Westchester? What a bargain. And the slip cover too. Looks completely wonderful.

8. Emily
    March 28th, 2010 @ 5:44 pm

Thanks Katy for mentioning me in your blog! I couldn’t be more honored. I’m glad you like the grey. It’s my new favorite neutral. I can’t get enough. Good luck with your pillows and if you need any advice let me know!

9. Rebecca Ward
    March 28th, 2010 @ 9:36 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gray cable knot pillow. Gray is my favorite color and the texture and the pattern of the pillow make it a perfect accent pillow!

10. Kaitlin
    March 31st, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

Hi – I grew up in Essex and now live in NYC so I love following your blog. On a quick note do you have the name of the person your sister used? I have been looking for a person to make a slip cover!

11. KatieC
    April 18th, 2010 @ 11:12 am

Do you know what color of paint your sister used on her walls? I love the whole look!

May 8th, 2010 @ 10:54 am

The paint color is Gray Timber Wolf by benjamin moore.

13. LILLIAN SHARP
    October 2nd, 2010 @ 7:21 pm

Katy , because of your blog, i have just bought ( ordered from England) a hanging corner cabinet.. chinoiserie, and I also have a gorgeous wing chair. I haVE copied some other things also.. had my daughters wedding portrait ( light blue dress) blown up and put on canvas to look as much like a painting as possible. No fireplace though. It has a dark background and takes on an old look.

I am still enquiring about the wall color. Tell me again the name of the magazine. Thanks .. Everyone i have shown your blog to loves it. Thanks