Ben Pentreath Ltd.

Posted on | March 8, 2010 | 8 Comments

interiors 500x343 Ben Pentreath Ltd.

I came across Ben Pentreath’s flat in the book, Perfect English over the weekend. His style is what I aspire too. Layers of pattern, antiques, and art that is approachable but classic. The small chair in the upper right of the photo is upholstered in men’s suiting. I love the gray field with the red stripe—a color a combo I think would be perfect for my den.

Ben runs a great shop in London offering accessories, art, and furniture with a nod to classicism. The store is filled to the brims but finds flow through patterning and symmetry. For those of us unable to make the trip across the pond, Ben has a great online shop filled with all his favorite essentials.

Ben Pentreath Ltd.
17 Rugby St
Bloomsbury
WC1N 3QT
benpentreath.com

6 500x249 Ben Pentreath Ltd.

12 Ben Pentreath Ltd.

9 500x249 Ben Pentreath Ltd.

7 500x249 Ben Pentreath Ltd.

Artist: Meredith Ramsbotham
Eleanor Pritchard Textiles
Great English Outdoors: Plaid Heaven

pixel Ben Pentreath Ltd.

Comments

8 Responses to “Ben Pentreath Ltd.”

1. chelsea
    March 8th, 2010 @ 12:57 pm

i own this book and love it! off to check out his site!!

March 8th, 2010 @ 9:34 pm

What a beautiful site! Great find.

3. Jenn
    March 8th, 2010 @ 10:06 pm

Katy, your blog is so consistently good for my amazon shopping cart and bad for my wallet. The store looks amazing too.

4. jen jafarzadeh
    March 9th, 2010 @ 8:51 am

could these rooms feel any more cozy and inviting! going to check out the site. I love that painted built-in bookcase. are you thinking of doing custom built-in bookcases for your den? would be so pretty in the greens you’ve shared.

5. Alison Starling
    March 10th, 2010 @ 7:49 am

Hello Katy,
    Thanks so much for mentioning Perfect English by Ros Byam Shaw on your wonderfully stylish and inviting blog! Do check out the sequel, Perfect English Cottage, think you’ll like that one too. We’ve photographed more inspirational interiors by Ben Pentreath for Ros’s next book, Farrow & Ball Living with Colour which we publish this September.

I am lucky enough to work just round the corner from the Ben Pentreath shop (such a temptation). Do explore his blog – on the ‘inspirations’ bit of his website.

Alison

6. MN
    March 15th, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

Oooh, love. I’m in London & didn’t know of his shop. Thanks for introducing this to me!

7. little pink room
    April 26th, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

Hi Katy, I just found your lovely blog. Strangely enough, I’ve just written a post about Ben Pentreath. I love his style… sigh… if only I had a pot of gold! Take care, A x

8. Avery Leigh Cox
    May 9th, 2011 @ 8:45 pm

Katy,

I love your blog. I came across it as I was trying to find people with like interests and style in the North east. I am moving to Maine in a few months and have loved reading your story. Thanks for all the amazing inspiration!

Avery