Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

Posted on | March 31, 2010 | 25 Comments

annabels house entryway with sisal runner up stairs Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

I’m not usually so heavy on large image posts. But I found so many ideas in this house Merry suggested in the comment section of my last post. Find a ton more photos of this awesome house at 1st-option.com.

Top Eleven Design Elements I Loved:
1. Sisal runner with a light graphic wallpaper in entryway.
2. Variations of cabinets in kitchen. To me the cabinets have a Shaker influence.
3. Every bathroom is gorgeous but simple. An efficient look that means I don’t have to renovate in another 10 years.
4. Under the tubs are small cabinets to store toilet paper, plunger etc…
5. Built in cabinets in bathroom. Saves space and makes the feel less sterile.
6. Large wood paneling in bathrooms with Shaker style pegs—modern but warm.
7. Interesting lighting choices.
8. Window looking into bedroom. Love how much light you gain in both spaces by doing this.
9. Wallpaper that doesn’t overwhelm but adds texture.
10. Pink living room—warm and not over the top feminine.
11. Simple landscaped backyard with garage. How great is the brick wall surrounding the space?

annabels house white large kitchen with built in cabinets and aga stove Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

annabels house large white master bedroom with double sinks Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

annabels house bathroom with marble trimmed tub  Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

annabels house bathroom with double sinks and marble trimmed tub Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

annabels house bathroom with window looking into bedroom Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

annabels house 13 500x342 Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

annabels house 27 Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

Country English Kitchen
English Bohemian Bathroom
My Favorite Pink Rooms

pixel Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!

Comments

25 Responses to “Annabels House: White, Traditional, and Bathrooms Galore!”

1. mopar
    March 31st, 2010 @ 12:28 pm

Is this an old house? If it’s new, I can’t fault it, but if it’s old, I wouldn’t recommend knocking out all those walls to make that overly large kitchen. OMG, whatever you do, don’t let the architect talk you into “opening up the space.”

March 31st, 2010 @ 1:04 pm

No worries I’m not ripping down walls to make huge kitchens. But I do enjoy the back line of cabinets in this kitchen. How there is a mix of glass, display, and pantry,

3. mopar
    March 31st, 2010 @ 6:43 pm

Oh good! :)

4. Leslie
    March 31st, 2010 @ 8:31 pm

I love those bathroom sinks. Do you know the source?

March 31st, 2010 @ 8:41 pm

Leslie,

They all look vintage. The faucets are not standard modern configurations. Try searching architectural salvage resources.

6. Worldwide Tapestries
    March 31st, 2010 @ 10:36 pm

Even though the majority of the color in the home is ‘white’, the pinks and creams on certain areas like the wall of the lounge looks especially warm when next to the white – like a warm, welcome relief!

7. Jenny Armini
    March 31st, 2010 @ 10:51 pm

Lovely to look at, but they don’t have kids do they?! :)

March 31st, 2010 @ 10:52 pm

I actually think they do. If you click over to website mentioned I think I remember a little girl’s room.

9. Jenny Armini
    March 31st, 2010 @ 11:47 pm

You’re right! There are at least two kids in the house – and from the looks of their rooms, I don’t think they are that old. They must own stock in Magic Eraser…or they are just terribly neat and tidy! :) As always, thanks for a fun post.

10. bb
    April 1st, 2010 @ 3:23 am

I love all this white so much!!! so airy and soft.

11. bb
    April 1st, 2010 @ 4:30 am

the Aga stove is heaven.

12. Nancy
    April 2nd, 2010 @ 10:02 am

If I’m not mistaken, this house is in England in one of the home counties south of London. There is a change here in referencing New England wood paneling, and since the weather is not usually sunny, a push to maximize the light more.

13. Jenn
    April 2nd, 2010 @ 2:57 pm

So beautiful. It’s really tough to make a primarily white palette look warm, but all of the wood and traditional fixtures do the trick. Really, really lovely.

14. Anna
    April 3rd, 2010 @ 5:03 am

This is an absolute dream. Love it :)

15. alice sergeant
    April 5th, 2010 @ 11:13 pm

I love the wallpaper in the bathroom. Who makes it? The carved wood mirror in the bathroom is gorgeous too. Do you have a source?
    thanks!

April 5th, 2010 @ 11:19 pm

Alice,

I don’t have any resources for the house. But the wallpaper in the bathroom does look similar to a few designs I have seen at Robert Kime.

The wood mirror looks modern and carved. I spotted a similar version at Wisteria. http://www.wisteria.com/Scallop-Edge-Mirror/productinfo/W3839/

Hope that helps!

Katy

17. Sharon
    April 16th, 2010 @ 6:35 pm

Can you tell me where the white desk and two side file cabinets are from?

April 18th, 2010 @ 12:00 pm

Hi Sharon,

I don’t recognize the desk seen on Remodelista. To me it looks custom. http://www.remodelista.com/posts/house-call-family-house-in-london

19. VICKY
    September 2nd, 2010 @ 5:27 am

Absolutely gorgeous!The whole room is really fabulous….I really like the interior designs,the color scheme of each rooms!oh the bathrooms as well :) what an inspiration!
    It looks really great! I love the crisp white furniture and the right accessories.Stunning Images too.So is the Blog!

20. fineartistmade
    November 18th, 2010 @ 12:46 pm

Heavenly!

21. JB
    January 1st, 2011 @ 1:32 am

I love her bathroom fixtures. On page 22, the bridge sink faucet is gorgeous. Do you know where she purchased them? I am redoing my attic bathroom and I am looking for a faucet like that. I’ve been unsuccessful.

January 1st, 2011 @ 10:46 am

Sorry JB I don’t. But Remodelista is a great source for finding specific home products like this faucets.

Check out their blog: http://remodelista.com/shop/faucets-fixtures

23. Leslie B.
    February 6th, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

I love the bathroom with the rectangular double sink! Where could someone get something like that? Are there places that consistently carry pieces like that? It’s just hit or miss at the local architectural salvage (I’m in the midwest and lack the depth of stores).

24. Katy West
    February 6th, 2011 @ 6:09 pm

I love the mirror in the photo of the third bathroom down – stunning! Also love your blog.

25. Sofia
    June 5th, 2011 @ 8:54 pm

I was looking for old english inspiration for our brick cape and the bathrooms hit the spot. The panel or wanescoting surrounding the bathtub gives the room a more elegant but down to earth feel. Lovely…just lovely.

Sofia