Working On Cable Knit Hat

Posted on | February 25, 2010 | 10 Comments

I started two new knitting classes this week. We are working on the red cable knit hat and fingerless gloves shown in the photo above. I was off to a good start on my cable knit hat when I realized on row ten I dropped a stitch in the second row. Crap. I had to pull it all out and start over. I could have probably done a fix but my ribbing was too loose. I decided to switch to smaller needles and give it another go. I am working in the dark gray yarn to the right.

My fingerless gloves are going to be gorgeous. I picked out a marbled gray, brown and cream undyed baby alpaca from Cascade yarns. I’ll share more photos as I move along with my projects.

On the left is basic garter stitch scarf for my sister. I made a hat to match. Hopefully, I will get the scarf done for her birthday!

Since we are talking knitting. I’ve been eyeing this beautiful baby knit book by Debbie Bliss at my local yarn shop. Gorgeous. I want to make everything in big kids sizes. And one more link. I totally want to make fingerless gloves in a beautiful Jade color like I saw over at Brora.

My First Knit Hat
Knitting A Pouf

Comments

10 Responses to “Working On Cable Knit Hat”

1. Jill
    February 25th, 2010 @ 6:04 pm

Your knitting looks great! Yay!! Love the cables.

2. Ms. Jen
    February 25th, 2010 @ 10:24 pm

Wonderful job! The fingerless gloves are my favorite.

3. Chaucee
    February 26th, 2010 @ 1:24 am

I’ve always wanted to attend a knitting class but I’m so scared about attending one. I would rather if a friend went with me : P

I love the hat you’re making. IT looks like you got a hand on the cable knit stitch!

4. Jennifer
    February 26th, 2010 @ 9:15 am

I love that one of my favorite bloggers is also a fellow knitter! The hat and scarf both look so cozy…we’ve certainly had some good knitting weather this winter, haven’t we? If you are on Ravelry.com, let me know!

5. Patsy
    February 26th, 2010 @ 11:13 am

I love Yarn Over M-head! I’m a lifelong knitter and as such, end up with the knitting supplies that no one else wants. I have doubles and triples of many sized needles, so if you ever need any, please let me know! It would be easy to arrange to get them to you.

6. Patsy
    February 26th, 2010 @ 11:14 am

PS – I hope that didn’t sound all stalker-ish!

February 26th, 2010 @ 11:38 am

No worries Patsy. Thanks for offering your supplies!

February 27th, 2010 @ 11:24 am

Hi Jennifer,

I’m not on Raverly. All my friends at the knitting shop keep telling me about it. I have to go check it out.

9. Knitting Out Loud
    February 28th, 2010 @ 6:22 pm

Great Work! Knit On! We’re on Ravelry too – check us out.

10. mrs.
    March 1st, 2010 @ 7:21 am

I love the cable knit hat! I am a confident beginner but I have never tried cables. That might be the best project to start. Also, I have the debbie bliss book, I have made MANY projects from it for baby gifts.