Green on Greene

Posted on | February 19, 2010 | 8 Comments

In Soho this morning I spotted more green paint inspiration. Is the world telling me something? I love this green. Now I’m leaning back toward painting the molding in my den green. Ah! What to do? Above and below a building on Greene Street in Soho.

Ace Hotel, The Breslin and Stumptown
Expert Design Advice: Lizzie Bailey
Green Molding

Comments

8 Responses to “Green on Greene”

1. evencleveland
    February 19th, 2010 @ 3:47 pm

I always like that building – the green is so nice and unexpected.

2. Julie
    February 19th, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

I think you should go with the green. When you can’t stop thinking about something, it’s usually a good indication of what you really want. Plus, all of the green inspiration pictures you’ve posted have been beeaautiful!

3. Rachel
    February 19th, 2010 @ 6:38 pm

Was watching “The Hangover” last night and thought of you when I remarked on how much I was drawn to the completely Forest Green Laquer Library in one of the last scenes. Library is the father of the bride’s, scene is when the father is discussing the wedding costs to the Groom. You should check it out, I would not have noticed it if I didn’t obsessively check your site :) I think if you do the trim Green the walls should blend with them by being a shade or similar color. Like the above architecture so it doesn’t seem too framed out.

4. Erica
    February 19th, 2010 @ 7:50 pm

Those greens look fantastic! I think that they would give your home a very sophisticated yet soft touch. I especially think they are appropriate for your style of house. Go for it. If you don’t like it, it’s only paint!

5. Heather
    February 20th, 2010 @ 12:30 pm

I agree with Julie. You have too many posts with this color green. I think if you don’t use it, you’ll always wish you had tried it. Love the use of it on this building…so unique.

February 21st, 2010 @ 5:42 pm

Rachel,

I have to check out that scene from the hangover. I don’t recall. I got another comments about green molding in the room Little Women. I’ll have to investigate this week.

7. Cococozy
    February 22nd, 2010 @ 2:31 am

Was just browsing the stores on Greene Street about three weeks ago and noticed this green colored building too…maybe I noticed Kartell first and then the building! :-)

xo
    Cococozy

8. Holly Goes Lightly
    February 22nd, 2010 @ 11:13 am

I’m restoring my Colonial Revival and trying to keep that New England esthetic here in Charlotte, NC, and really love your posts about your restoration, weekend trips, everything. I’ve given you the Sunshine Award — pop over to HollyGoesLightly when you get a free moment to claim your award and spread the warmth!