Farmer’s Diner & Antique Mall

Posted on | February 5, 2010 | 18 Comments

4332092131 a3823e6bb2 Farmers Diner & Antique Mall

One last post about my Vermont weekend. Sunday morning it was still freezing cold. I had planned for us to go snowshoeing but I was being a baby—8 degrees at 10 am is just too cold to be outside. We headed over to The Farmer’s Diner for breakfast. I was totally impressed with their homemade english muffins. I would love to try making my own.

Next to the diner is a Cabot cheese store and Antique mall. I sampled a few cheeses but it was hard to get them down because I was so stuffed from breakfast. Greg kept telling how disgusting I was for even trying to fit anything else in my belly. But it was cheese and I love cheese. We poked through the hundreds of booths admiring all the treasures. I was amazed how patient Greg was being. I didn’t really find anything I needed but I did snap a few photos. So many perfect still-life compositions.

The Farmer’s Diner

4332832390 511a52d6c2 Farmers Diner & Antique Mall

4332832096 ae2446e2b5 Farmers Diner & Antique Mall

Architecture In Woodstock, VT
F.H. Gillingham & Sons General Store
Simon Pearce: Quechee, Vermont

pixel Farmers Diner & Antique Mall

Comments

18 Responses to “Farmer’s Diner & Antique Mall”

1. Erica
    February 5th, 2010 @ 12:46 pm

My parents went to the Farmer’s Diner and gifted me those mugs. Drink my morning coffee out of them each day and I love the sayings on the back.

Love your blog by the way.

2. FROM THE RIGHT BANK
    February 5th, 2010 @ 1:21 pm

This looks like a perfect way to spend a weekend!

3. S@sha
    February 5th, 2010 @ 2:42 pm

All of my New Year’s resolutions last year were related to learning to cook certain things, english muffins, bagels and croissants among them. (I guess there was a breakfast theme?) I failed to achieve either resolution, so they’ve moved onto this year’s list. If you tackle them, please post the results!

4. Kate F.
    February 5th, 2010 @ 3:20 pm

Oh man, I only spent one year in the Upper Valley but these posts make me “homesick”! That tool booth in the antique mall hasn’t changed a bit in the 4-5 years I’ve been wandering around there.

My best find was a set of Wedgwood Basalt espresso cups and a creamer/sugar bowl that I uncovered in one of the booths but then didn’t buy because they were fairly pricey. Ben got them for me for Valentine’s Day that year (our first year married)! I use the sugar bowl every day. You can see them here:
    and here:

February 5th, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

So pretty Kate!

6. flwjane
    February 5th, 2010 @ 6:05 pm

My mother made her own english muffins. I didn’t taste a “store bought” muffin till I went away to college. Now I want to make them too. Hope you’ll post a recipe.

7. Meredith
    February 5th, 2010 @ 6:08 pm

What a fun morning! I love those vintage books. Such a pretty little collection.

8. johanna
    February 5th, 2010 @ 7:42 pm

your weekend in vermont sounds/looks amazing. i’ve been dying to go to that diner after reading about it in gourmet i think like 5 years ago. i spent all my winter weekends in vermont as a kid but sadly my mom sold our house a few years ago. wondering – where did you stay? can you recommend someplace cute?

February 6th, 2010 @ 11:50 am

We stayed at the Woodstock Inn which is in the village of Woodstock. Great location because we could browse the shops in town and walk to restaurants. Very lovely. We got a room with a fireplace.

10. Hilary
    February 6th, 2010 @ 5:13 pm

Vermont is one of the most beautiful states that I have ever seen!

11. Vallery
    February 6th, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

I love the antique mall!

12. the paris apartment
    February 8th, 2010 @ 1:13 am

Feels like we were there on the whole trip! Thanks for letting us tag along :)

13. Liza
    February 8th, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

I grew up in the Upper Valley and love all that you shared from your trip there! I live in Boston now and every so often crave all those Vermont things . . . browsing small stores, simon pearce, the delicious diners. Just happened across your blog today, love what you’re doing! Thanks for sharing.

14. Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life
    February 8th, 2010 @ 4:21 pm

I want ALL of those vintage bottles and ALL of those Tom Sawyer books!

15. FreeMicrosoftpointsGuy
    February 9th, 2010 @ 5:42 am

I want all those tools! Now those are some tools a man needs. Those books would look great in my book shelf :p

16. Abbey
    February 11th, 2010 @ 12:08 am

I grew up in VT === this makes me miss it even more than usual!!!

17. lillie
    February 14th, 2010 @ 1:24 am

I’ve heard of Farmer’s Diner! Sounds deliciously fantastic. Love your photos of your adventures lately!

18. Gregg (Owner)
    June 13th, 2010 @ 2:19 pm

I am glad yo enjoyed your visit to the VT Antique Mall. I hope you come back again. We just opened the Toy Museum for free to the public and Yankee Magazine gave us Best in New England!