Dark Green Walls and White Trim

Posted on | February 22, 2010 | 12 Comments

green and white molding Dark Green Walls and White Trim

One of my lovely readers sent me this house last week to add to my green room inspiration file. The dark green walls against the crisp white molding is gorgeous. I still don’t know what I am going to paint my room. I think I need to paint some sample colors on the molding and walls and live it for a few weeks. I don’t think I will be satisfied until I’ve tried out both color combos.

Below more images from a lovely home styled by Katrine Martensen-Larsen. I love the checks and stripes in the bedrooms and mudroom. See more gorgeous interior images at kmldesign.dk.

Thanks Bernadette for the tip!

green walls and molding Dark Green Walls and White Trim

checks and stripes Dark Green Walls and White Trim

Green on Greene
Green Molding
Pale Green Walls with Cream Trim

pixel Dark Green Walls and White Trim

Comments

12 Responses to “Dark Green Walls and White Trim”

February 22nd, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

So lovely! I think I prefer the sagier green paired with the creamier white for your room. But these rooms are stunning, simply lovely.

2. chelsea
    February 22nd, 2010 @ 5:33 pm

Totally in love with this home. I am dying over the checkered shades!

February 22nd, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

Me too chelsea. They are great!

4. Sandy Jacobson
    February 22nd, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

That green is wonderful especially with the white trim . . love it, real pretty and fresh!

5. helen james
    February 22nd, 2010 @ 5:54 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous, love the KML site too thanks x x

February 22nd, 2010 @ 5:54 pm

I think I prefer a sage green wall but this room is inspiring!

7. Erica
    February 22nd, 2010 @ 7:58 pm

Green on green! Green on green! I love that last color combo in Soho too much to let it go. Looking forward to seeing some samples on your walls.

8. Jennifer Y
    February 22nd, 2010 @ 9:21 pm

I love the teal green color, and all the white woodwork on other walls of the room and the floor really balances it out.

Here is another room that is more sagey with white trim:

9. the zhush
    February 22nd, 2010 @ 10:53 pm

Beautiful! Her floors in the first shot are amazing.

10. Robin
    February 23rd, 2010 @ 12:17 am

I love the white floors, the checks, and everything about that blue and white room. But I had to write because my parents had that heart poster in the last picture in our entryway when I was little, and it always makes me so happy to see it! The “original” is in my sister’s house now, but I’ve been meaning to frame a copy to hang over my bed. Thanks for these pictures.

11. Anna
    February 23rd, 2010 @ 8:54 am

I saw this over at Remodelista this morning, and immediately thought of your paint debate:

12. Margaret Roach
    February 24th, 2010 @ 11:41 am

Looking at the white trim, so fresh and bold, makes me want to repaint…but I think I will stick with my palest gray, sort of a platinum color. It frames the outside views (gray stone paving below, sky above) nicely since it doesn’t “pop” as much as the white.

But still, nothing like a new paint job to lift the spirits…