Striped Wool Blankets from MacAusland

Posted on | January 20, 2010 | 25 Comments

Yesterday, my MacAusland striped wool blankets came from Prince Edward Island, Canada. I love them they’re super soft and warm. I ordered a queen size in Light Gray and lap blanket in Taupe Tweed. I received numerous comments and e-mails on my original post raving of their quality. I wish I could buy one in every color. Find out more at macauslandswoollenmills.com.

Mac Ausland Blanket

MacAusland Woolen Mills Blankets
Brahms Mount Textiles
Plaid Blankets & Throws from Pendleton

Comments

25 Responses to “Striped Wool Blankets from MacAusland”

1. erin
    January 20th, 2010 @ 12:59 pm

lovely, lovely. so glad to hear that they’re soft! i think a lap blanket will be in order for me soon!

2. Anna
    January 20th, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

Thanks for posting your thoughts on these! I was wondering. It’s good to know they’re as nice as they look (though maybe not so good for my budget)…

3. chelsea
    January 20th, 2010 @ 4:06 pm

Anytime I read the words “Prince Edward Island” my heart skips a beat!! I want to go back to that place. SO dreamy.

Love the blankets.

4. Rachel (heart of light)
    January 20th, 2010 @ 4:13 pm

Thank you so much for sharing! I’ve been lusting after a grey wool blanket for the bed, but I thought I was totally priced out of the market. These are so reasonable and they look beautiful.

January 20th, 2010 @ 8:05 pm

It looks absolutely amazing!!

6. jill
    January 20th, 2010 @ 8:13 pm

yep, those are amazing, katy! and i am so jealous of your toast pillowcases too…they look so pretty.

7. Amy
    January 20th, 2010 @ 8:23 pm

Thank you so much for the original post – I received the red tweed for christmas (added it to my wish list) and I love it.

8. Kate
    January 20th, 2010 @ 8:35 pm

Hi Katy- Thank you so much for this post. What color blanket did you end up getting (the Queen-sized one)? I love it but couldn’t tell if it’s the Dk. or Lt. Grey.

Thanks for your help!
    Kate

January 20th, 2010 @ 8:37 pm

The Queen size blanket is light grey.

10. Mina
    January 20th, 2010 @ 9:46 pm

Look at how well your bedroom is starting to come together! Now every time you feel overwhelmed you can just take a look at your pretty bed.

11. mila
    January 20th, 2010 @ 11:28 pm

these are so great! sure wish they had a king size that wasn’t 2 blankets sewn together.

12. Monica
    January 21st, 2010 @ 6:57 am

fabulous.

Looks perfect on the bed.

13. Sara
    January 21st, 2010 @ 12:27 pm

I was reading your post and was set back for a minute when I read that you got your blankets from MacAusland’s!! I live just down the road from there! I love their blankets! Hope you enjoy yours!

14. Angela
    January 21st, 2010 @ 1:07 pm

How soft are the blankets? Are wool blankets itchy?

15. mopar
    January 21st, 2010 @ 4:01 pm

I found out last night that I didn’t get one of these blankets for Christmas, so I will order one (brown with cream stripe) today.

16. Helen Brown
    January 21st, 2010 @ 4:51 pm

I love your blog! I am a new follower from just up the way in Rockport, ma. Thanks for all the inspiration, beauty and warmth!

17. FROM THE RIGHT BANK
    January 21st, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

I’ve been obsessing over these ever since your last post. I have to get one! I can’t resist gray wool anything!

18. jen jafarzadeh
    January 21st, 2010 @ 11:22 pm

I am SO saving up for one of those gray wool blankets! gorgeous photos, Katy.

19. Nicole
    January 24th, 2010 @ 11:26 pm

Oooh, love the headboard and the blanket… please do tell where the floral pillowcases are from… I’m loving the combination!

January 25th, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

The floral pillows are from Toast 2008. Sorry no longer available.

The headboard was custom.

21. alan
    January 25th, 2010 @ 8:16 pm

hey nice site! just wondering if you have compared Pendleton blankets (all wool) to those above. Seems like the pendleton i just bought doesn’t really show the weave. the surface is kinda fuzzy. but i’d rather have the ones you’re showing. thanks

22. Kate
    October 18th, 2010 @ 11:02 pm

You’ve probably seen this, but, well, it made me think of you. :)

23. Jessica
    May 24th, 2011 @ 9:16 am

katy,
    i’m thinking of purchasing one of their wool blankets but was wondering what the cleaning instructions are. can they go in the wash or do they need special care? thanks!

September 8th, 2011 @ 8:26 pm

hmm not sure. I haven’t washed them. I’ve given them a good shake. :) You could bring them to the cleaner or wash them on cold in soft spin.

October 19th, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

And to answer a few more questions.

Yes, they are soft but they are a heavy wool so some people might find them a tad scratchy.

Compared to a Pendleton plaid blanket they are much thicker.