Knit & Crocheted Cowls

Posted on | January 13, 2010 | 6 Comments

il 430xN.114404585 Knit & Crocheted Cowls

I’ve really been getting into knitting. I am working on another hat using super soft Cascade Yarns Baby Alpaca. I saw an upcoming class at Seed Stitch in Salem, Ma that covers purl and how to combine purl and knit into seed stitch, a basket weave, ridge stitch, caterpillar stitch, basic cables. I need to learn more stitches in order make more advanced projects like cowls and mittens.

I was cruising around on etsy this morning and spotted these beautiful knit and crocheted cowls by Knittles. Knittles is run by two moms Mavis & Olga out of Canada. They create handmade hats, mittens, and cowls. I enjoy the different colors and textures in their work. I love their cowls because they can easily be tucked into jackets without adding extra bulk. The cowls above and below are available for purchase through their etsy shop ranging in price from $45 to $100, knittles.etsy.com.

Update: Knittles has added neck warmer and hat patterns for $5 each to their etsy shop. Make a cowl with buttons! See here: knittles.etsy.com.

il 430xN.115695364 Knit & Crocheted Cowls