French Country House

Posted on | January 8, 2010 | 9 Comments

A blog reader (thanks abby!) sent me this link to a country house in Aveyron, France you can rent. It’s beautiful filled with rustic floors, sparse rooms, and chickens. Some things are perfect not being modernized or messed with. Find many more photos on Kathy Dalwood’s studio blog.

Cobble Floors in Rustic Home
Country English Kitchen

Comments

9 Responses to “French Country House”

1. jill
    January 8th, 2010 @ 12:39 pm

after seeing this i am going to start searching the web for farmhouse rentals in france. happy renovations this weekend katy and good luck!

2. the goodie life
    January 8th, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

forget renting! i want to live there!

January 8th, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

Hmm I know a certain someone who has a vacation house in France. We might be crashing it this summer!

4. Virginia
    January 8th, 2010 @ 3:08 pm

Love the floor!

5. Leslee
    January 11th, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

Another area of France, a bit more lush
    and hilly than the Aveyron is the Dordogne.
    Do check it out!

6. Mopar
    January 12th, 2010 @ 9:42 am

Notice the hot water heater in the kitchen. See, it’s not ghetto. It’s authentically French Country style.

January 12th, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

Mopar, your right my kitchen is actually cool!

8. Kathy Dalwood
    January 15th, 2010 @ 2:16 pm

Hi Katy,
    So glad you like ‘Le Clapier’! It’s good to know there are other people out there who appreciate simplicity and authenticity. Lucky me – I have just rented the house again for a week in August. Of course what you can’t communicate in a blog post are the sounds and smells and general atmosphere – like birdsong and gently clucking chickens and pure country air.
    I will soon be doing another post under the heading ‘rural minimalism’ – well at the risk of sounding pretentious it does say it all – another rustic house we stayed in in SW France in the Gers region. And I’ve got more! We spend every August in France. I think you will like them.
    If you feel like subscribing to my blog you will get the alerts.
    I love your blog by the way!
    Best wishes
    Kathy

9. breugels
    October 13th, 2010 @ 5:38 am

I so desperately want to go on a holiday. This would be so lovely but I guess at that time of year it’s getting a bit chilly.