English Bohemian Bathroom

Posted on | January 6, 2010 | 14 Comments

I am busy organizing my office to turn into a studio this morning. I’m trying to find a way to organize my piles of inspiration I have pulled from magazines over the years. This is my all time favorite bathroom. I loved it when it appeared in domino in 2007 and I still love it today. It’s totally my style. Effortless old school charm: clean, pure, and bright. I love the mirrored armoire, the built in cabinets, the marbled tops sinks, and the beautiful scented geranium on the counter. A list of sources that appeared on page below. Fyi the products listed below were available in 2007.

Sconces: (similar to shown) “Haines” Restoration Hardware
Mirrors: (similar to shown) “Bistro Oval” Restoration Hardware
Double Washstand: (similar to shown) “Gramercy” Restoration Hardware
Faucets: (similar to shown) “IV Georges Brass” Kohler
Toilet: “Promenade” Toto
Wastebasket: Darr (718) 797-9733

Related Post:
Traditional Bathroom with Marble Accents

Comments

14 Responses to “English Bohemian Bathroom”

1. Kim Hudson
    January 6th, 2010 @ 12:48 pm

I ADORE this bathroom!

I also love your blog. It puts a wonderful “real life” spin on home renovating and art collecting. Very inspiring.

January 6th, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

Gorgeous! It is completely you.

3. Hilary
    January 6th, 2010 @ 2:15 pm

That sure is a beauty! The sink is really wonderful.
    I’ve been combing through bath pics myself as I help my Dad put in a bath.

4. the goodie life
    January 6th, 2010 @ 3:04 pm

lovely! there is nothing better than finding an image of a room that is a couple years old and finding that it has stood the test of time. this bathroom will always be lovely. don’t you miss domino? i sure do.

5. nole
    January 6th, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

Beautiful! I wish my new bathroom had so much room for storage. Any bathroom ideas with narrow and small space storage ideas?

6. michelle
    January 6th, 2010 @ 3:26 pm

I’m with you with the organising all my stuff! I have piles of notebooks and files and folders, not to mention magazines. I had hoped to drive to IKEA tomorrow but the weather is now preventing that so I think I’m going to have to come up with some diy shelves … hmm should be interesting :o) M x

7. nkp
    January 6th, 2010 @ 4:30 pm

Just gorgeous. Love the amazing double sink, the white painted floorboards, and the armoire. Oh, oh, did you notice the beautiful window reflected in the armoire mirror? Sigh.

8. jill
    January 6th, 2010 @ 4:36 pm

wow – this would be my ideal bathroom as well. I’ll have to flip back through my Domino magazines to find it b/c I cant’ for the life of me remember seeing it. And that window in the reflection in the mirror is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing :) (oh, and i’ll take the rug as well…)

January 6th, 2010 @ 4:44 pm

The bathroom appeared on page 164 of June/July 2007.

10. jaime
    January 6th, 2010 @ 5:16 pm

the perfect bathroom indeed. sigh.

11. Jill
    January 7th, 2010 @ 3:30 pm

Thank you for the Domino reference – i’ll be looking it up tonight!

12. laura
    January 26th, 2010 @ 8:41 am

I remember this bathroom and I loved it as well. I have all my dominoes saved so I will have to go back a tear it out. :)

13. maki
    March 16th, 2010 @ 10:07 am

Hi, I don’t have that issue of domino…and I love this bathroom as well. Can you tell me if there was any more information on this bathroom (architect/designer/owner)? Thanks

March 16th, 2010 @ 10:23 am

Maki,

Sorry there was not any more info on page. It was part of a bathroom story that showed four different bathrooms styles as inspiration paired with bathrooms accessories that would work with the room.

Katy