Snowy Weekend Snapshots

Posted on | December 20, 2009 | 14 Comments

Snowy Weekend Breakfast

We got a big snowstorm on Saturday night. I think we got about a foot? We slept in late, made pancakes, shoveled, and took a great afternoon walk around Marblehead. I really love the snow and how beautiful old town looks with a dusting. Above and below a few snapshots from today. I spotted a friend wearing a hand knit pair of trigger gloves. His grandmother made them for grandfather back in the day. So cute, right?

snow day
Blue House With Red Door
Crocker Park
Trigger Mittens
Snowy House in Marblehead
The Barnacle
High Street
Candles and Snow in Window

Outdoor Holiday Decorations
Winter Beach Photos
Breakfast At Driftwood

Comments

14 Responses to “Snowy Weekend Snapshots”

1. Picnicking in Dreamland
    December 20th, 2009 @ 9:16 pm

Magical! Thank you for sharing. Looks like a perfect day.

2. chelsea
    December 20th, 2009 @ 11:21 pm

Love these! So jealous of the snow!!

3. jen jafarzadeh
    December 21st, 2009 @ 9:11 am

I’m loving the snow, too. We head up to Maine on Thursday and I’m hoping there’s snow left up there so we can go sledding. I’m stuck on those last two photos you took, Katy. I love seeing snow in the blue light of dusk and that last photo with the candlelight looks magical.

4. Julieann/CreateGirl
    December 21st, 2009 @ 11:31 am

Just beautiful!! I love the last picture, so serene! It was nice to have the storm over the weekend and be able to actually enjoy it!!Have a great holiday : )

5. Doreen
    December 21st, 2009 @ 11:43 am

Thanks for the wonderful pics of Marblehead – you have a great eye!!! My husband and I love New England and make at least one trip every year (Maine now a favorite). Our home is surrounded by farmland in Central PA and we received about 12″ – we got in our new “old” 4-wheel drive and took a ride to our favorite “little store” (not a superstore) with it’s woodburning stove. It’s lovely!!!! JOY to you this Christmas!

6. mopar
    December 21st, 2009 @ 3:10 pm

Great photos, thanks. We did about the same thing in Brooklyn.

7. kayce Hughes
    December 21st, 2009 @ 8:46 pm

so fun. You make me miss my yankee roots.

8. Jane
    December 21st, 2009 @ 11:09 pm

I love your photos. Also enjoyed your winter beach scenes.

9. Kathy Lorentzen
    December 22nd, 2009 @ 9:23 am

Katy,
    You have a real gift. I love your photos. Your blog is the best!!

10. Rebecca Harkin
    December 22nd, 2009 @ 12:52 pm

Your lovely scenes from Marblehead make me miss my days in Boston.

11. Ana-Alicia
    December 26th, 2009 @ 4:21 am

i really like the glittens…glove+mitten=glitten.

cool photos!

12. Patsy
    December 28th, 2009 @ 11:32 am

Saw your photo on the front page of The Reporter – gorgeous!

December 28th, 2009 @ 2:03 pm

Thanks Patsy. The photo was so cute for a christmas cover. I’m so glad they used it!

14. Christina
    December 29th, 2009 @ 8:06 pm

Congratulations on your wonderful ‘red door with wreath front cover photo’ in the Marblehead Reporter. I am so glad they have discovered YOU. And you THEM.
    Your photo sense is outstanding – a REAL eye for composition.
    If you ever want to teach a course on blogging … I am very interested…. Being a local.