Plaid Blankets & Throws from Pendleton

Posted on | December 2, 2009 | 10 Comments

plaid blankets from pendelton

My #1 gift to give and receive: wool blankets. A classic gift that will last for generations. Above a few of my favorite throws from Pendleton. I have a few vintage versions from Pendleton that have been passed down from my mom. They look super cozy on my bed and chairs in the wintertime. Prices range from $78-$108 each. Check out more: pendleton-usa.com.

Need more blanket & throw inspiration click here.

Hudson Bay & Civil War Blankets
Striped Wool Blankets
Brown & Cream Wool Plaid Blankets

Comments

10 Responses to “Plaid Blankets & Throws from Pendleton”

1. Nancy
    December 2nd, 2009 @ 2:13 pm

I love these blankets. My parents have “hunting jackets” from the 50’s that were made from old Pendleton blankets; hm… I wonder if they still have them? ;-)

Have you seen Swans’ Island Blankets? They’re beautiful, and expensive. They’re made in Maine of wool from a flock that lives on a small island; they round them up and shear them once a year. http://www.swansislandblankets.com/index.html

2. hampton hostess
    December 2nd, 2009 @ 3:18 pm

Love the plaid! Cozy and perfect for the cold winter. Cheers!

3. Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life
    December 2nd, 2009 @ 4:37 pm

Soo cozy! Something about plaid makes wool even cozier…

4. Gregory Piccini
    December 2nd, 2009 @ 5:11 pm

I absolutely LOVE your blog! and Plaid!

5. Sarah
    December 2nd, 2009 @ 5:40 pm

These are beautiful!

6. Shannon at Old World Charm
    December 2nd, 2009 @ 7:42 pm

Ah, tried-and-true Pendleton….still made in America. I remember their beautiful old Indian blankets, which are quite prized nowadays. I treasure my Pendleton plaid wool shirts with and without the quilted linings. I even have ladies herringbone tweed Pendleton coat stored away (it’s in perfect condition, but a bit too small for wifie). Thanks for this post, Katy. :-)

Shannon

December 2nd, 2009 @ 10:02 pm

Hi Nancy,

I do know Swan Island. I went to their studio in Maine this summer. See link below:

8. jen jafarzadeh
    December 4th, 2009 @ 10:32 am

pendleton is the best. I have one of their blankets but would love to add a plaid throw to my home.

9. {this is glamorous}
    December 8th, 2009 @ 5:24 pm

adore these! such a wonderful array and definitely perfect as gifts xo

10. alice
    May 25th, 2010 @ 10:18 pm

I love the wool throws from Brora and Toast. Great color combinations. Two great UK websites!