Holiday Pack Basket For Front Door

Posted on | December 4, 2009 | 11 Comments

front door mollica 1209 de Holiday Pack Basket For Front Door

I’m busy researching holiday crafts. I came across this adorable farm house featured in the latest issue of Country Living and couldn’t resist sharing. My favorite part is the woven pack basket on the front door filled with greens. Below the adorable saltbox in a wonderland of snow. If I ever buy another house I hope it’s way up in Maine with lots of land. Maybe I could get some chickens? Check out more of the house on countryliving.com.

p.s. search for vintage pack baskets at fleamarkets and auctions or check out this list basketmakers working in traditional styles: basketmakers.com.

saltbox exterior mollica 1209 de Holiday Pack Basket For Front Door

dining room mollica 1209 de Holiday Pack Basket For Front Door

Simple Boxwood Wreath Wrapped In Ribbon
Holiday Swag around Door

pixel Holiday Pack Basket For Front Door

Comments

11 Responses to “Holiday Pack Basket For Front Door”

1. maya
    December 4th, 2009 @ 9:33 pm

I loved this home, too. The feed sack pillows and textiles in their living room were wonderful.

2. Jenn
    December 4th, 2009 @ 9:34 pm

I love that house too! I ripped those pages out for the inspiration files!

3. erin
    December 4th, 2009 @ 10:30 pm

snow! can’t wait.

December 4th, 2009 @ 11:05 pm

I love the door basket too!! I like all those wreaths in the dining room windows also.

5. Catherine
    December 5th, 2009 @ 1:18 pm

Love these! Just beautiful & the perfect inspiration. Thanks. Question – how to attach the wreaths to the windows in the second photo?

December 5th, 2009 @ 6:00 pm

Catherine,

It looks like the wreaths are tacked just above the window frame. The edges of the ribbon are left rough and kinda flop over the tacking.

7. theaxx
    December 6th, 2009 @ 6:56 pm

It’s summer here in oz, and I’m always jealous of the white cover you guys get up there…

thea.
    xx

8. jan
    January 9th, 2010 @ 5:26 am

checked out the basket makers. $500.00 to 5200.00 (dropped my teeth on that one)!! for a trapper basket. waiting for a similar looking basket i can afford, let me know if you see one, jan

9. Jennifer Walton
    July 20th, 2010 @ 12:35 am

Hi! I came across this when I was looking up more pack baskets! I love the basket on the front door. I actually have 6 of these “adirondack” or trappers baskets. I am willing to sell some of them, and not for as much as the price of the one listed! if you are looking for one, please let me know! I am addicted to them and have started collecting them, but can sell them as I am moving. Thanks! Happy decorating! The season will be upon us shortly:)

10. Jill Marcus
    October 18th, 2010 @ 12:29 pm

I am looking for a trappers basket just like the one in the picture.

11. Linda Lam
    November 4th, 2010 @ 2:14 pm

Jennifer Walton,

I would love to buy if you some pictures of them I can take a look at. I’m looking for one that would look like the one featured in the photo but smaller and not so big. I love the color too. Size perhaps around a 8.5×11 and I the belly shape ones that are flat in the back so it will sit flat up against my front door.

Thanks,