Sage Farm Antiques

Posted on | November 9, 2009 | 6 Comments

Sage Farm Antiques

Greg and went up to New Hampshire yesterday afternoon. We stopped by Sage Farm Antiques to check out their monthly 3-day antique market. I got the tip off about the market from some local Marbleheaders. I picked up a vintage embroidery and an old wood mirror. The embroidery is my favorite. I hung it above the bed in the guest room. The prices were super reasonable. I had a hard time resisting their large collection of small wooden tables and vintage plaid blankets. The next 3-day market is in early December 2009. I can’t wait to go again.

Sage Farm Antiques
5 Exeter Road (Rt 111)
North Hampton, NH
603-964-3690
sagefarmantiques.com

Vintage Barn Embroidery

Detail of Vintage Barn Embroidery

Detail of Vintage Barn Embroidery

White Elephant Outlet Barn Essex, Ma
Todd’s Farm: Rowley, MA

Comments

6 Responses to “Sage Farm Antiques”

1. jane
    November 9th, 2009 @ 12:37 pm

that embroidery is amazing. great find!

2. Brittany Noel
    November 9th, 2009 @ 9:49 pm

I love your new embroidery. That fence is perfect.

3. Lydia, Clueless Crafter
    November 9th, 2009 @ 10:43 pm

Thanks for this find in Marblehead. My family lives in Gloucester and on visits I often find myself at the Stock Exchange in Manchester, MA. Have you heard of it?

November 9th, 2009 @ 10:56 pm

Hi Lydia,

The source is actually in NH. I live in marblehead. I’ll have to check out the stock exchange in manchester.

5. chelsea
    November 12th, 2009 @ 5:08 pm

love these photos..

6. Cass at That Old House
    November 14th, 2009 @ 9:49 am

Just found your blog today, and am delighted at my random find! I’m going to follow your progress and be cheering you along. My husband and I are veterans of past DIY renovations, but at our latest old house we have hit the point of having stronger bank accounts than backs, and have discovered the newfound joy of the phrase, “Pay the man.” Plus our children have flown the coop so we don’t have free labor anymore.

Your house is wonderful, and your stewardship of it is spot-on. Good work!

Your embroidery find is lovely. It’s a design from the early 70s, I think, and I also think might have been a Paragon Needlework kit. I taught needlepoint and embroidery at Gimbel’s and A&S dept stores in NY while I was in college, so I’m very familiar with the designs of that time. You got one of the nice ones!

Have a lovely Thanksgiving! I have signed up for email updates.
    Best wishes, and best of luck — Cass