Country English Kitchen

Posted on | November 3, 2009 | 6 Comments

english_country_kitchen

I love simple kitchens in soft earthy shades. An English kitchen is utilitarian but remains homey with interjections of antique tables and objects. Exposed beams and butcher block counter tops further warm up the space. Below built in cabinets line a wall next to a large kitchen table. A work surface can be added or removed based on your needs. The open storage below the cabinet allows for storage and easy clean up. Check out more of the home on lightlocations.com.

country_kitchen_built_in_cabinets

kitchen_desk

Plain English Kitchens
Earthy Kitchens
Ring Pull Knobs

Comments

6 Responses to “Country English Kitchen”

1. mopar
    November 3rd, 2009 @ 4:43 pm

Very pretty. We’re going to be looking for a table like the one in the pictures soon. Something sturdy that can do double duty as a kitchen table and a work surface. I’m going to look at Ikea, but I wish I knew of a source for old kitchen work tables (at a reasonable price).

2. chelsea
    November 3rd, 2009 @ 5:25 pm

love!

November 4th, 2009 @ 9:04 pm

Beautiful! The more I see you post, the more excited I become about your own home!

November 4th, 2009 @ 11:17 pm

Thanks Jane. Hopefully we’ll get some more projects done in the next few months.

5. Jennifer
    November 5th, 2009 @ 11:50 am

delightful! is that a dutch door in the second photo? charming!

November 6th, 2009 @ 10:46 am

Mopar–Farm tables are really hard to find cheap. My best suggestion would be to search fleamarkets. I found my wood table on the street…someone was throwing it out!