Pale Green Walls with Cream Trim

Posted on | October 23, 2009 | 11 Comments

mla104089_0908_guestbed_xl

Green walls paired with antiques in bedroom from Martha Stewart Living.

I realized last night I’ve never really shared the other color combo (green painted moulding idea here) I’m considering for my den. I’m imagining a light earthy, celery, ferny green paired with a cream trim. The light color feels airy but still keeps with the historic feel of my house. My room has poor natural light 7 months out of the year—when the leaves are on the trees. The light palette would work beautifully to lighten up the space in the winter and in the summer when the room is shaded. I still have to finish scraping before I make any final decisions. See my progress over here. Below more inspiration.

Harriet Maxwell Macdonald’s house from domino: see more here.

enlibrary-780391

A lovely library with green & cream accents. Love the muted rug! See more photos from the house here.

green walls in entryway

Gorgeous light green walls drape an entryway discovered via the city sage.

mla103203_0408_chairpair_xl

Green walls look great paired with dark woods and antiques via marthastewart.com.

J400x315-00048

Love this look and mood. Discovered via ill seen, ill said.

handpainted green striped walls

Handpainted green stripes in a hallway. See more of the house here.

Sage Green Walls
House Renovation: Wood in Den Stripped
Green Paint Samples on Wall

Comments

11 Responses to “Pale Green Walls with Cream Trim”

1. mopar
    October 23rd, 2009 @ 1:28 pm

Very pretty. I’m in the middle of choosing paints for my house and am looking at Benjamin Moore, Farrow & Ball, and Paint Library (a suggestion from Rita Konig on her blog). The latter has many shades of celery and mint.

2. Kathy G
    October 24th, 2009 @ 8:25 am

When Martha Stewart first came out with her line of paint for Kmart she had a color called Dusty Miller that I used in a bedroom….very peaceful…I am not sure if that paint color still exists…obviously it is the color of the plant by the same name.

3. Catherine
    October 24th, 2009 @ 11:26 am

I covet the sunburst mirror in the photo of the entryway. Any info on where it’s from. ps Reading your blog is one of the highlights of my day. Thanks for sharing your taste & ideas.

4. Jennifer
    October 24th, 2009 @ 11:51 am

this will be so pretty. several of these photos are my all-time favs!

October 24th, 2009 @ 12:14 pm

Your unknown picture is of Bonnettstown House in Kilkenny: http://seenandsaid.blogspot.com/2009/01/bonnettstown.html

October 24th, 2009 @ 12:17 pm

Mopar—The Paint Library does have beautiful shades of green. http://www.paintlibrary.co.uk/

Kathy G–I just read martha stewart has canceled her line with kmart. She now sells her paints at Lowe’s.

Catherine–not sure about the sunburst mirror. How about this one from Wisteria? http://www.wisteria.com/Petit-Sunburst-Mirror/productinfo/W2623/

October 24th, 2009 @ 12:20 pm

Thanks Jane. I found it on my broken hard drive and had to add to my post for fears I would loose it again. I updated the link to point to your blog.

8. Melissa
    October 25th, 2009 @ 6:19 pm

Katy:
    I love the idea of a celery green with white trim. I painted one of the – tiny and nearly lightless – rooms in our house in Rockport a celery color based upon the historic New England collection of paints. (Visit http://www.histornicnewengland.org to find their paint wheel if you don’t have it already.) The color combination brought light into the room and never ceased to remind me of the nearby ocean.

9. Kathy
    October 31st, 2009 @ 5:18 pm

There is a beautiful bar in the Connaught Hotel in London that has wood paneled walls painted a gorgeous greeny grey. It is a dark room (heavy curtains on windows, facing east, dim lighting) but it always feels so *warm*. It’s a bit darker than the green you are looking at, but I have often thought “I would paint my library this colour, if only I had a library.” Some day… http://www.the-connaught.co.uk/the_coburg_bar.aspx

10. Kate F.
    January 26th, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

Ah, I like this much better than the green trim idea… There is something incredibly fresh and happy about celery green. I feel vindicated to know that I was right about the light in that room, too!

11. Leslie
    March 22nd, 2010 @ 4:21 pm

I have a very very small room i want to make into a little sitting room/ guest bedroom…wIm new at this but really like the faux painting. I like the idea of celery green walls….any ideas for the trim & the focal wall color. Should it be darker or lighter? im thinking egg shell or sandy beige for the trim?