Thinking About Plaid Pillows & Blankets For Fall

Posted on | September 10, 2009 | 6 Comments

toast_plaid_pillows

toast_plaid_blankets_fall_2009

I know a lot of us don’t want to accept that fall is just around the corner. Fall is my favorite time of the year. Apple cider, apple picking, the smell of burning leaves, and cool crisp nights. Sounds delightful!

I can’t stop thinking about plaid and how I’m seeing the print pop everywhere this fall. Toast has a great new line of plaid pillows. Super cute in different patterns layered on a sofa. Extend the look into the bedroom with Paulette Rollo’s pretty watercolor plaid blankets (below). I spotted Paulette’s work this summer at Smitten in Wiscasset, Maine. Paulette’s blankets are beautiful and super high quality. See more patterns and colors on her website.

Needing more plaid inspiration? Check out my list of plaid blanket resources over here. It will get you excited to drink hot cider and curl up with a book.

pale_plaid_blankets_paulette_rollo

Plaid Blanket Resources
Plaid Wool Blankets from The Scottish Weaver
Paulette Rollo at Smitten

Comments

6 Responses to “Thinking About Plaid Pillows & Blankets For Fall”

1. Erin
    September 10th, 2009 @ 3:51 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing (NYC is starting to get chilly!) I did a whole post on Toast’s plaids yesterday!

2. aln
    September 10th, 2009 @ 10:05 pm

I love plaid and am currently obsessed with mohair- a tiny shop in my town has gorgeous plaid mohair blankets made in Ireland just for them. Find them here- http://sorchastore.com/about.html

3. Laura.
    September 11th, 2009 @ 9:18 am

um, yeah. totally obsessed with the plaids. . . .

September 11th, 2009 @ 9:21 am

aln,

What a great link! Everyone check out the link above. Super pretty and colorful plaid blankets from Ireland. Online ordering available.

5. Katie
    September 13th, 2009 @ 7:45 am

Hello! I somehow found my way here, and just wanted to tell you that you’ve succeeded in almost making me excited about Autumn. Seeing as I live in Scotland, though, I think Autumn for me will be less plaid blankets and more thermal underwear….

Katie @ thedisappearingangel.blogspot.com

6. Katie
    October 18th, 2009 @ 6:27 pm

I don’t think anything can touch the old plaid camp blankets from the ’20s and ’30s, especially an hombre plaid. They put the fun into funky and are quite beautiful.