Labor Day Weekend At Rindge, NH Lake House

Posted on | September 7, 2009 | 13 Comments

Dad's House at the Lake House in RInge, NH

I spent my Labor Day weekend in Rindge, NH at a friend’s lake house. The weather was perfect. I slept in late, watched fireworks, kayaked, and ate so many s’mores I gave myself a belly ache. The lake house has two buildings on the property. A larger house sits up on a hill overlooking the lake. A smaller building (above) was built so grandpa could get some peace and quiet when all the grandchildren were visiting. My boyfriend referred to this house as the “man cave”. I took a lot of photos over the weekend with my new Nikon D5000. Check out more photos over here.

Boats on Beach in Ringe, NH

Small House at Lake House

Towels and chair at Ringe Lake House

Bedroom at Ringe Lake House

Supply Closet at Ringe House

Breakfast On Labor Day Weekend in Ringe, NH

Pots, Pans, and Mugs at Ringe Lake HouseKitchen Windsor Chair at Ringe

Kid Art at Ringe Lake House

Roasting Marshmallows over Labor Day Weekend

Comments

13 Responses to “Labor Day Weekend At Rindge, NH Lake House”

1. chelsea
    September 7th, 2009 @ 12:03 pm

Oh Katy!! This looks like a dream!! I love the photos. You must really be enjoying your new camera.

September 7th, 2009 @ 2:49 pm

Gorgeous shots Katy! Have you settled on the D5000? I just ordered one!

September 7th, 2009 @ 2:52 pm

I did. I choose the Nikon. It was really hard to decide between the Canon T1i and the Nikon. Both are great cameras!

4. Katy
    September 7th, 2009 @ 7:02 pm

Looks like an awesome laid back fun time!! Loving your new pics from your camera. Wanting a new one myself and those pictures are selling it!

Katy

5. Katy Allgeyer
    September 7th, 2009 @ 8:53 pm

What fun you must have had. Did I see that pic of the green pegboard with pots & pans on Apartment Therapy recently? kudos! If you can make it up to Stonington this Saturday we are having a group art opening and we’d love you to come. :)
    Katy

6. brooke
    September 7th, 2009 @ 10:24 pm

katy! your pics are amazing. my boyfriend and i just bought an slr and im playing around with it, but just cant seem to get lighting right. i cant wait til the day that i do…and get some amazing pics like those! they make me feel like im there! so fun!

7. Brittany Noel
    September 7th, 2009 @ 10:38 pm

Looks like an amazing weekend!! I am so green with envy of your close proximity to everything I fell in love with on vacation :)

8. Maida
    September 8th, 2009 @ 4:18 pm

Hi Katy,
    I am a regular reader of your blog and was truly weirded out just now when I saw this blog entry – I, too, spent the weekend in Rindge! All the way from San Francisco… a childhood friend of my husband got married there on Saturday. I thought for a second you may have also been at the wedding but it doesn’t appear to be so. Great photos!

September 8th, 2009 @ 4:22 pm

I wasn’t at a wedding…but how strange. Were the fireworks for your friend’s wedding?

10. Rachael, Pistachio Press
    September 9th, 2009 @ 12:21 am

That looks like the perfect way to celebrate the end of the summer! I grew up eating off of those exact Corelle plates and I feel like I can almost taste your breakfast :)

11. Maida
    September 9th, 2009 @ 9:34 am

The fireworks weren’t for the wedding – I could hear them and wondered where they were coming from…

12. pleasesir
    September 9th, 2009 @ 10:55 am

Oh my goodness – looks like a fantastic place to be!

13. CapnKen
    December 29th, 2009 @ 5:46 pm

HaHa, the fireworks were just for the hell of it, Labor Day Week end, and I shot them, no kidding. Fireworks were Sat night off Pete Sherwins waterfront on Colburn Lane about 300 feet off shore from a big raft. Most of the lake watched from beaches and boats. We are gonna do it again next year, just for the hell of it!!

Cheers