Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats

Posted on | August 20, 2009 | 7 Comments

3840288566 d81a5a206e Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats

I’m skipping around a little bit but I promise to add all my new Maine spots to my growing list over here. When we were returning home we stopped by The Marston House in Wiscasset, Maine. The store on the first floor of an old house turned B&B has a nice collection of antique linens and objects from France. The space is filled with the most intense but lovely perfume of lavender. Greg made me promise to plant a whole crop of lavender next year. I was inspired by the set of antique pressed flowers prints framed with fabric tape and glass. Reminded me of Amy’s lovely diy botanical print project I spotted over at design*sponge. So simple and beautiful.

The Marston House
Main Street at Middle Street
Wiscasset, Maine
207-882-6010
marstonhouse.com

3840288280 f6c600701d Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats

3839499327 52dee3a04e Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats

3839499195 10f24ccc9d Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats

Just across the street from The Marston House is Treats a specialty food and wine shop previously run by The Marston House owners. Greg and I bought a few bottles of wine and a very yummy cookie. Take a peek inside even if you don’t buy anything. The space is totally cute.

Treats
80 Main Street
Wiscasset, Maine
(207) 882-6192
treatsofmaine.com

3840270464 6844e9a1ed Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats

pixel Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats

Comments

7 Responses to “Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats”

1. Chelsea
    August 20th, 2009 @ 1:32 pm

Ooh. thanks for posting this. I love this place but they were closed when we went by a couple years ago.

2. katy elliott
    August 20th, 2009 @ 3:24 pm

The first time I was in Wiscasset the same thing happened to me. They are only open 12-5pm.

3. Rosa
    September 1st, 2009 @ 5:57 pm

I’ve never been to Maine and this looks just like I have visioned it in my head. I love that porch!

4. Ali
    September 2nd, 2009 @ 12:29 pm

I stumbled across your blog, and was curious as we share a surname and I am a Mainer! If you ever get a chance, check out Morningstar Marble and Granite in Topsham. NICE people, and a fabulous selection of discounted remnants are available at their site.

Ali

5. DesignStraw
    September 4th, 2009 @ 3:58 am

Thanks for the information. Good Thought – I have bookmarked your blog.

6. Kris
    September 11th, 2009 @ 10:43 am

I love TREATS. I visit always. They have a cute website as well which is being updated and they ship. Their Blueberry Sauce made on-site is to die for!

7. Samantha DePoy-Warren
    September 17th, 2009 @ 10:24 am

Great post. I’ve driven by that store a million times and always wondered what was inside. Now I’ll definitely stop in. And Treats is a true favorite. We always pick up a bag of their frozen scones to bake at home, and some fresh goodies or soup from the bakery counter. Wiscassett is such an adorable Maine town.