Weekly Wrap Up: Maine Road Trip

Posted on | July 30, 2009 | 8 Comments

I’m wrapping up my Maine posts for the week. I have two more trips to Maine this summer so don’t worry if I’ve missed your favorite spots. Look forward to a whole series of finds from Portland, Maine. I made a list of all my stops I’ve covered so far below (some are from prior trips). They’re organized from North to South. I know a lot of your are planning trips so I thought it would be helpful for them to be all in one spot. Below the links are a few photos I took on my road trip that didn’t seem to fit anywhere but here. Enjoy!

Acadia National Park: Bar Harbor, Maine

Swans Island Blankets Studio In Northport, Maine

Windsor Chairmakers in Lincolnville, Maine

The High Tide Inn: Camden, Maine

Maine State Prison Shop in Rockport, Maine

Andrew Wyeth & Olsen House in Cushing, Maine

Moody’s Diner: Waldoboro, Maine

Red’s Eats Wiscasset, Maine

Smitten in Wiscasset, Maine

Wiscasset Cottage Antiques

Wiscasset, Maine: Elliott Healy Books & Prints

Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats

Portland, Maine: Folly 101 & Blanche and Mimi Home

Portland, Maine: Angela Adams, Ferdinand, Two Fat Cats Bakery

Avolli: Scandinavian Antique Furniture Scarbourgh, Maine (by appointment)

Snug Harbor Farm in Kennebunk, Maine

Old House Parts in Kennebunk, Maine

Discount Fabric at Marden’s

York, Maine: Withington Antiques

Recipe: Real Maine Whoopie Pies

Decorative Butter Molds found in Wiscasset, Maine

Decorative butter molds spotted in Wiscasset, Maine.

Penobscot Bay Maine Lobster Poster

A lobster poster spotted at a shop in Camden, Maine.

Harbor in Camden, Maine

The lovely harbor in Camden, Maine.

Shaker Bench and Moose at Windsor Chairmakers

Shaker furniture gallery at Windsor Chairmakers.

Northwest Harbor, Maine

Adorable downtown of Northeast Harbor, Maine.

Comments

8 Responses to “Weekly Wrap Up: Maine Road Trip”

1. chelsea
    July 30th, 2009 @ 11:41 pm

Aw.. Thanks for the tour, Katy! It was great to hear about new spots and relive the old ones.

2. Anonymous
    July 30th, 2009 @ 11:51 pm

Katy- Have you visited Brunswick yet? In case you are back there this summer, there is an exhibit of Barbara Cooney's illustrations at Bowdoin's art museum: http://www.bowdoin.edu/news/events/archives/006306.shtml

If you've ever read Miss Rumphius or Hattie and the Wild Waves (children's books), you'll be familiar with her work.

While you're there, you should check out Wild Oats (best brownies/bars ever) and 111 Maine- a little pricy but terrific breakfasts (http://www.111maine.com/)

Cheers!

3. for the love of a house
    July 31st, 2009 @ 7:38 am

Hi Katy! I'm thrilled to find you. While searhing for a link for Snug Harbor Farms, I found your blog post on them…. !

I so apprreciate this post. We are new to NH, and love Maine, but only get as far as Portland on day trips. We often talk about going further north, but just don't know where to start so this is Perfect- a personal guided tour! Thanks so much.

I look forward to looking around your blog, and checking out your renovation!
    Best, joan

4. Brittany Noel
    July 31st, 2009 @ 8:19 am

Katy, you are seriously the very best! This is perfect. Thank you so much :)

5. Shari Lidji
    July 31st, 2009 @ 8:27 am

Katy, your photos are terrific! You really gave me a a great feel for the area. I've never been to Maine, so your tour is a real treat. Beautiful!

6. Lime Street
    August 3rd, 2009 @ 9:50 am

I've just loved reading your Maine posts, Katy. They make me feel like I'm on vacation (rather than at my desk). Thank you!

7. ceh
    August 20th, 2009 @ 3:27 pm

Nice Katy, you go right past my house and don't even stop in to say hi.

8. Tricia - Avolli
    August 20th, 2009 @ 9:17 pm

Hey Katy,

So happy to see Avolli as part of your list. Enjoyed meeting you and hope to connect again sometime soon!

My best,