Smitten in Wiscasset, Maine & Paulette Rollo Blankets

Posted on | July 27, 2009 | 10 Comments

3758702894 8868e92e9f Smitten in Wiscasset, Maine & Paulette Rollo BlanketsAn adorable little store located in the center of Wiscasset on Rt 1. Modern accessories and textiles are grouped together according to color. As soon as I walked into the store I went straight for the gorgeous yellow plaid blanket on the bed. Some of you may know I have a plaid blanket obsession! The colors were totally interesting and different. When I checked out the tag I saw they were designed by Paulette Rollo. How did I not know of this deliciousness? Even better? Paulette’s site has even more lovely patterns and blankets. I’m sensing I may need to have one.

Below a photo of the blanket that stole my heart alongside some cutie dot sheets from Plover Organic. A stack of Hable Construction pillows are nestled together with some Paulette Rollo favorites. When I was cruising the web for more info on the store I came across the blog Swallowfield featuring some lovely photos from inside Smitten. If your in town take a walk up the street to Rock, Paper, Scissors the owner’s Paper store!

Smitten
RT 1
Wiscasset, Maine
(207) 882-9991

3763298009 e4333cecc8 Smitten in Wiscasset, Maine & Paulette Rollo Blankets

3764081322 bda18a6c24 Smitten in Wiscasset, Maine & Paulette Rollo Blankets

Wiscasset Cottage Antiques
Wiscasset, Maine: Elliott Healy Books & Prints

pixel Smitten in Wiscasset, Maine & Paulette Rollo Blankets

Comments

10 Responses to “Smitten in Wiscasset, Maine & Paulette Rollo Blankets”

1. Jill
    July 28th, 2009 @ 9:50 am

I really like those spotted sheets too . . . did you get a peek at who makes them?

2. please sir
    July 28th, 2009 @ 9:56 am

The spot sheets are great…look so comfy!

3. katy elliott
    July 28th, 2009 @ 10:06 am

The spot sheets are Plover Organic.

4. Blushing hostess
    July 28th, 2009 @ 11:10 am

That is a lovely vingette of soft colors and textures in the blankets.

5. jennifer judd-mcgee
    July 28th, 2009 @ 5:16 pm

hi! i like your blog so much. glad you had a nice trip to smitten – my favorite store ever!

6. Jodi
    July 29th, 2009 @ 10:14 pm

I work at smitten, my step-sister owns the stores and I'd just like to thank you for the wonderful post. And for the pic on your flickr site that has my pup sitting outside on the landing. Great shots and a lovely post.

7. linda
    September 7th, 2009 @ 9:13 am

met a woman in NJ who was wearing multiple skinny bangle bracelets (20+) gunmetal & flexible – industrial looking material – very sharp – said they came from Smitten. Do you know who the artist is – would love to find out more about their work.

September 7th, 2009 @ 9:16 am

I’m not sure. Try calling the store. The staff is super nice and helpful.

9. Nicole
    July 20th, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

katy,

have been following your work and blog for years. . . planning a maine road trip (short one!) in late september from nyc. won’t be able to get too far up. can you suggest a general itinerary?

nicole

10. Delicious Musings Gift Guide Part 3: The New Homesteader « Delicious Musings
    December 9th, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

[...] Kitchen Recipe Notebook ($10 +) – one above is from UK, but can be found in shops i.e. Smitten in Wiscasset. Here’s how this comes in super handy for a new homesteader. I make a list of [...]