Red’s Eats Wiscasset, Maine

Posted on | July 27, 2009 | 6 Comments

Red's Eats in Wiscasset, MaineAs you make your way through Wiscasset you can’t miss Red’s Eats. A fish shack made famous for it’s lobster rolls and fried fish. New England is on a fried fish overload. I know I should love it because I grew up in New England but frankly I don’t. Do we really need to fry everything??

If your not in the mood for fried fish (my boyfriend swears by the fried haddock) go for the lobster roll. Red’s gets awards again and again for being the best. Great big chunks with butter or mayo on the side. I thought it was ok. The chunks were so big they were hard to chew. I like my roll with slightly smaller chunks mixed with a just little mayo. The mayo keeps the meat moist and totally yummy. Red’s is a fun stop nonetheless and the staff is super nice and helpful. I hate to be negative but I hate posts that fluff the truth especially when it comes to food. Maybe mayo on the side is your thing?

Red’s Eats
Rt 1 & Water Street
Wiscasset, Maine
207-882-6128

Redd's Menu Board in Wiscasset, Maine

Red's Lobster Roll and Clam Cakes

Wiscasset, Maine: The Marston House & Treats
Smitten in Wiscasset, Maine & Paulette Rollo Blankets
Wiscasset Cottage Antiques

Comments

6 Responses to “Red’s Eats Wiscasset, Maine”

1. chelseaheather
    July 28th, 2009 @ 2:18 pm

Did you go to the little gourmet eatery there? I think it's on the row of shops near Smitten.. Can't remember but I hope it's still there. It was yummy.

2. katy elliott
    July 28th, 2009 @ 2:27 pm

I did pop in there. Really cute! A large wood communal table sits behind the counter. They have a really awesome wine shop on the other side of the cafe. I tried to take a photo but it was really blurry. Will make a stop next time I'm up in the area.

3. biscuitwheels
    July 29th, 2009 @ 8:30 am

Looks delicious! I really enjoy your images and your style. Great blog!

4. banjolele
    July 29th, 2009 @ 10:15 am

I have to say I hate mayo so I'd definitely prefer it on the side. But everyone likes things different ways, I guess. Looks like you had a fun time.

5. Shari Lidji
    July 31st, 2009 @ 8:24 am

Oh my goodness…..that's my kind of lunch!

6. tr
    March 30th, 2010 @ 6:44 pm

wish this place would be kept in perspective … a fried food shack.

yes, it’s summery, relaxed fun with views over the water. but it’s fried food with a wicked traffic nightmare to get it. nothing more, nothing less.