Creamy Trim Color

Posted on | July 1, 2009 | 15 Comments

3679250505 be713bfc39 Creamy Trim Color

I’ve thought about trim color for a long time. I’ve heard the rumors about Dove White being the best. I honestly want something a bit warmer and creamer. A creamy that’s more mocha and less yellow. I imagine the color being a bit different but classic against pale greens, blues, and pinks. This bathroom spotted over at Bliss feels just about right. So pretty. Do you know a good trim color that I would like? Leave me a comment below. See more of the house shot by the talented Rachel Smith over here.

3679250557 10aa9113d6 Creamy Trim Color

A few of my favorite pink rooms
Red, Green, Black & White Interior Inspiration
Wall Colors I Love: Greens

pixel Creamy Trim Color

Comments

15 Responses to “Creamy Trim Color”

1. Donna
    July 1st, 2009 @ 8:38 pm

I have Benjamin Moore's "white blush" running through my whold 1820s house—it's pretty creamy.

2. soulflower
    July 1st, 2009 @ 8:55 pm

very pretty…i love all the colors in that bathroom!

3. Anonymous
    July 2nd, 2009 @ 9:03 am

I have White Dove at trim color in my modern apartment, as well as in my rural place upstate. I love it in both style homes.

4. Jennifer
    July 2nd, 2009 @ 10:44 am

I love trim that isn't white. We have Grant Beige on the walls in our living and dining rooms and the trim is Bennington Gray, a shade darker. I love it! Bennington would probably be darker than you'd like, but Grant Beige might work. It's a pale, pale taupe what leans a little gray — just a little. Both by Benjamin Moore.

5. Hope
    July 3rd, 2009 @ 10:20 am

Katy, I love this house, esp the blue treatment in the bedroom. I think I may try to do something similar in mine. Thanks!

6. Anonymous
    July 4th, 2009 @ 11:32 pm

Benjamin Moore's Atrium White is an off-white with a very slight pink or peach hint in it. BM's China White is that gray-off white-mocha color of old bath tile. Farrow & Ball has a lot of darker, creamier, more natural and old fashioned colors from the 1820s, most of which work well with cool, pale colors. The color cards are accurate, and you can buy a $4 sample pot of every color they make.

Mopar

7. Anonymous
    July 6th, 2009 @ 11:35 am

I've used Farrow & Ball's White Tie–very nice, like heavy cream–no heavy yellow undertone. Their paint contains more pigment than American paints, so depth of color is stronger. Pointing is nice too, a bit airier.

8. Anonymous
    July 7th, 2009 @ 9:10 am

Benjamin Moore's Bavarian Cream is the perfect trim color. Just paired it with BM's Fernwood in my 1920's house and it looks amazing.

9. Anonymous
    July 7th, 2009 @ 1:49 pm

My trim is Benjamin Moore Vanilla Cream and it's fantastic – warm and creamy and not yellow. My bath is greenish like the one you show (Benjamin Moore Hint of Mint, I think) and it's a great combination. The cream trim just seems more correct in a 1898 house, the bright whites are a little too shocking.

10. Jill
    July 9th, 2009 @ 6:10 pm

i used dove white on the trim in my first house and found it too yellow. i've used linen white (Ben. Moore)on the trim in my current house and find it just right, especially in rooms where i've used color on the walls instead of white.

11. Heather
    July 21st, 2009 @ 12:15 pm

We used White Dove as the trim in our main living areas, but also wanted something warmer in our bathroom. So we ended up using BM's Old Prairie as our bathroom trim with Salisbury Green on the walls. It's a creamy white. I can send pics if you like!

12. andrea
    January 24th, 2010 @ 9:33 am

Hi Katy

I used BM’s Old Priarie but it came out much lighter than the one in your picture. Did you make yours darker? I have been all your site all weekend…love your style. Trying to pick colors for my home and it is a tough task just going by paint chips.

13. Anne Keogh
    March 11th, 2010 @ 1:53 pm

My good friend lives in an antique Charleston, SC, house and loves BM OC-88 as her trim…a creamy white.

14. Myrsini
    May 2nd, 2010 @ 2:58 am

i would like to paint my living rooms – floow in an off white, but i hate yellowish tones. I chose Benjamin Moore’s Atrium white and Whtie dove, but can’t decide! Please help. I am a fan of light beige as a shade. Which one do you suggest? Also, i wouldnt like it to be white as such , i like it warmer. Which one of the two is the darkest?

May 2nd, 2010 @ 11:36 am

I would suggest painting a few samples on the wall. It’s terribly hard to choose a paint off a color chart. Atrium and Dove white are similar so you really have to see on your own walls to decide. I like Farrow & Ball for browner creams. Check out Off-White, Clunch, Lime White.

katy