Todd’s Farm: Rowley, MA

Posted on | May 3, 2009 | 7 Comments

3498637697 59cfe5f073 Todds Farm: Rowley, MA

On Sunday morning I dragged my butt out of bed for Todd’s Farm fleamarket. Todd’s Farm is a weekly Sunday flea-market held in Rowley, Massachusetts. All the insider’s tell me I have to get there before 7:30am. I just can’t bear getting up that early on a Sunday. I was there by 8:45, not so bad. My tactic? Getting there a little later might help me haggle for a lower price.

My first trip of the season was pretty successful. I saw a lot of things I liked for reasonable prices. I scored a piece of embroidery with birds for $5, light insulates 3 for $5, and an antique bentwood captain’s chair for $15. The captain’s chair might become my new office chair. Maybe a little ticking cushion?

As I was leaving the market I spied four kitchen style Windsor chairs (image below). I’ve been searching for this exact chair style for months. The dealer wanted $150 for a set of 4. I think I could have talked him down to $100 but I didn’t have enough money. I left kinda heartbroken hoping I would come across the chairs again this summer. I first spotted the style in Martha Stewart last July. Please flea-market gods find me again!!

3499448114 704fb1e8b1 Todds Farm: Rowley, MA

3499448884 a694be230d Todds Farm: Rowley, MA

3499450062 e359611b9b Todds Farm: Rowley, MA

3499453338 0e0abd1845 Todds Farm: Rowley, MA

3498636231 9802d896f5 Todds Farm: Rowley, MA

3498638133 e2055b33fa Todds Farm: Rowley, MA

3498634031 392c317ff7 Todds Farm: Rowley, MA

Jenny Lind Bed and Windsor Chairs
Bentwood and Windsor Chairs
Office Desk: Trestle Tables
Cross Stitch and Embroidery

pixel Todds Farm: Rowley, MA

Comments

7 Responses to “Todd’s Farm: Rowley, MA”

1. My Dog-Eared Pages
    May 3rd, 2009 @ 11:13 pm

Great pix… isn't Todd Farm fun? I almost went today but had too much work. I thought you might appreicate this post: shopping 4 blocks of Lex: http://tinyurl.com/c3bpqa

2. Avolli
    May 4th, 2009 @ 7:29 am

Aren't flea markets fun! Try not to worry about the chairs…the season has just begun and you may find a set you like even more.

Tricia – Avolli

3. Elizabeth
    May 4th, 2009 @ 6:05 pm

ooh, i want that map! even the frame is a great color!

4. hmstrjam
    May 4th, 2009 @ 8:30 pm

keep an eye out for that Jasper Cropsey painting for $10 it could change your life!

5. Waxy
    May 4th, 2009 @ 9:17 pm

I so want to go to Todd's Farm!!! Stupid geography! :-(

6. Leigh
    May 6th, 2009 @ 2:59 pm

Oooh, fun flea market. I wonder what you do with your insulators? My husband collects them and we just have them on the dresser beside his bed. I've been trying to think of what we could do with them. I've seen people turn them into pendant lamps, which looked neat.

7. Kelly
    May 25th, 2009 @ 10:32 am

Can't believe I saw your blog the day after I was checking up on auctions–4 Windsor chairs at Eldreds on the Cape, estimate $150-250:

We're in Salem, restoring a house as well (been through the dirt basement, frozen pipes, leaky plumbing etc too!)–we've bought at Eldreds, they're great. Try and get to Kaminski's in Beverly if you haven't yet–they usually hold sales about once a month.