Willow Edging & Lavender

Posted on | April 28, 2009 | 11 Comments

Oscar de la Renta’s garden from domino

Two things I want to incorporate into our garden/patio/driveway is willow edging and lavender. I think the combination of the two will help soften the space. Both feel so english, which I love. My favorite willow edging is the woven version below. I found a source for purchasing here: nga-gardenshop.stores.yahoo.net.

Comments

11 Responses to “Willow Edging & Lavender”

1. Jennifer
    April 28th, 2009 @ 12:18 pm

love them both! especially that first image … sigh.

2. Chelsea
    April 28th, 2009 @ 12:23 pm

oooh , that will be so pretty. i love willow edging.

April 28th, 2009 @ 12:26 pm

Love these, especially the willow edging.

4. ShockTheBourgeois
    April 28th, 2009 @ 1:31 pm

Katy, reading through your blog is almost spooky: we have a lot of the same tastes!

I have a minor obsession with lavender. When I was a little girl we had bunches of the stuff everywhere. It made the whole yard smell lovely and it always enticed butterflies. There was always plenty to clip and bring inside or dry for later. *sigh*

I'm actually on the hunt for a few little plants to put in the C&B urn planters we "discussed" yesterday- I think they'd be quite happy on my sunporch!

On a side note, do you have any online sources for plants and topiaries?

5. Jamie
    April 28th, 2009 @ 1:42 pm

Katy,

Unrelated to lavender and willow edging- did you see this job posting:

Kind of random (and I'm not sure what your job status is, so apologies if this is presumptuous), but you would be perfect!

6. GreG
    April 28th, 2009 @ 3:00 pm

I like the willow stuff too. Looks simple and interesting.

7. katy elliott
    April 28th, 2009 @ 3:14 pm

Thanks Jamie for the AT tip. I'm working on a few posts to submit. We'll see what happens!

8. Cherie
    April 29th, 2009 @ 10:09 am

Katy,

Here is a link to "The Willow Farm": http://www.thewillowfarm.com/index.htm
    they have some very creative willow structures and furniture.

9. hmstrjam
    April 29th, 2009 @ 8:52 pm

i love the lavender!

10. katy elliott
    April 30th, 2009 @ 8:33 am

ShockTheBourgeois, let me think. Online is hard. I know a lot of garden catalogs that carry a range of plants. Is that what your looking for?

Topiaries–I don't know anyone online but I love this source in Maine.

11. Kitchen Garden - Our Little Big House