Discount Fabric at Marden’s

Posted on | April 4, 2009 | 8 Comments

fabric I bought at marden's

My mom gave me a great tip to a discount fabric source in Maine. Marden’s Surplus & Salvage stores are known for amazing home bargains and deals. Unbelievably this discount store carries an great selection of quilt shop quality fabrics. Most of the fabrics are about $2.99 a yard. I picked up some super adorable cotton prints for my pillow projects. Check out the blue floral by Michael Miller in the middle of my stack. The fabric was featured in one of the last issues of domino. I got it for $2.40/yard. Amazing!

Marden’s: Sanford

1247 Main Street

Sanford, Maine

207-324-1239

fabric at marden's

Comments

8 Responses to “Discount Fabric at Marden’s”

1. Chelsea
    April 4th, 2009 @ 11:35 am

I love the Michael Miller fabric! I've used it for pillows too! This looks like a fantastic place.

2. Vanya @ Endless Inspiration
    April 4th, 2009 @ 2:09 pm

cute fabrics, oh I do love a bargain :)

April 4th, 2009 @ 2:40 pm

Such a treat finding a bargain. Love your picks!

4. chiara
    April 4th, 2009 @ 7:58 pm

what a treasure trove!

5. queenmls
    April 4th, 2009 @ 9:48 pm

Marden's also carries great carpeting – I got some fabulous bound broadloom for my Maine beach house for pennies on the dollar! Great star pattern that I saw elsewhere for much more! They also will call you if you have a certain color you need. I go to the Marden's in Ellsworth Maine – but there are stores all over the state- see map

6. Emily
    April 5th, 2009 @ 8:05 pm

I've been looking for fabric to reupholster some old chairs that I'm refinishing. Everything I've found has either been way too expensive or way too hideous. Thanks for the tip!

7. jen jafarzadeh
    April 6th, 2009 @ 1:42 pm

Thanks for the tip, Katy! I'll be up in Maine in July and will definitely check it out.

8. Heidi
    December 4th, 2009 @ 10:10 pm

Oh my gosh…I love Mardens!!! They have great material at great prices that no one can beat. It is a must for sewers and quilters.